• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Windows 10: Electronic Tyranny

At first I was going to put this in Hot Button. But I dont really see that it should be there rather than where more people can see it. Even though it could have political implications the information itself is not.

Your protest makes me think you have something to hide. 

Just let them rummage through your life so they can determine whether or not you're a threat.

"I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed or numbered! My life is my own."       -No 6

Unplug the mic and you'll be good. And webcam/other communication device. Or actually set things up manually. Also, I'm pretty sure the FBI can access webcams and microphones anyway, so the person isn't correct about this being a new thing and agents formerly having to break into places to bug them. They shouldn't, but they can.

#desktopmasterrace

One last nitpick. Windows 10 is called such because calling it Windows 9 will confuse programs that were meant to work with Win95 and Win98, because those older programs check for windows versions that start with 9.

Most of the points she made are completely valid.

What does your password manager and 30 char alpha numberic w/ symbols "hard" password matter when there's a full-time keylogger ...

Allot of people are still on XP I would too if I didnt need to get a bigger Graphics card.
I was helping a lady a few weeks ago when she could not access her e-mail from exporer anymore, it said she had to upgrade, so I installed a Different browser for her and it works now lol.

dragonsfire said:
Allot of people are still on XP I would too if I didnt need to get a bigger Graphics card.
I was helping a lady a few weeks ago when she could not access her e-mail from exporer anymore, it said she had to upgrade, so I installed a Different browser for her and it works now lol.

I've always used everything out there ... well, everything beginning with C64/][e ...

ProDOS ... Amiga ... Windoze ... OS/2 ... BeOS ... *nix ... Android ... OSX ... iOS ...

At least on some level, but at once, a master of none at the same time ...

cruzzfish said:
Unplug the mic and you'll be good. And webcam/other communication device. Or actually set things up manually. Also, I'm pretty sure the FBI can access webcams and microphones anyway, so the person isn't correct about this being a new thing and agents formerly having to break into places to bug them. They shouldn't, but they can.

#desktopmasterrace

One last nitpick. Windows 10 is called such because calling it Windows 9 will confuse programs that were meant to work with Win95 and Win98, because those older programs check for windows versions that start with 9.

unplug the mic and cam on my laptop?

the fbi first admitted using a phone mic to eavesdrop back in like 2006 on the head of a mafia

OH MY GOD LETS BURN MICROSOFT TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!

Or, uhm, maybe just go into settings and disable the shit this paranoid freak is ranting about. 
http://www.howtogeek.com/221869/how-to-disable-or-configure-location-tracking-in-windows-10/

It's not hard. 

Did you hear around the 15 minute mark where she said it was "satanic motivated"? :rolleyes: 

I'm more concerned about Siri -  when I set a reminder, why would it need to go to an Apple server, then back to my phone? You can't set a reminder if you're not connected to the internet. What possible reason would there be to communicate your reminders to Apple?  Baffling. And people use it every day and have no issues with this. 

I can't even imagine the paranoia and hyper-vigilance Dragos Ruiu must have experienced while working on badBIOS ...

That's the one that really changed my feelings about shit ...

dragonsfire said:
lol, its allot more then Mic/Vid. They have full access to your bank accounts and passwords if you do finances on line.
Theirs a video on how to get some privacy back in the settings but not all.

Basically they will have access to everything.

Back