• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Oktoberfest - Cooking With Beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Cooking with beer!

(Does not have to be German)

Entry requirements:

One appetizer cooked with beer and one entree cooked with beer (two sides max, beer not required), posted as one entry.
OR
One entree cooked with beer and one side cooked with beer (two sides max, beer required for one), posted as one entry.
Bread is not counted as a side even if you make your own beer bread. But if you make beer bread, that does not count toward the beer requirement of the entree unless it is part of it.

Anything goes; any protein or cooking style. You may use non-alcoholic beer. You may use the beer in any part of the entree, for example, batter, homemade beer bread, braising liquid, etc.

2nd entry:

You may enter a beer dessert as a 2nd entry. It will be in the main poll unless there are 2 or more in which case a Dessert poll will be created. The beer may be used in any portion of the dessert as long as it is an integral part.

CLICK: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
Separate entry posts, title your entries, list all ingredients with measurements where applicable and cooking methods.
PoL: .55
(PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate.)
PIC ALLOWANCE: 7 in final post.

ENDS SUNDAY 10 PM EST

Craft beer dessert mmmm, too bad Lagunitas is no longer craft.

: peeks in :

*International except Canada, small box.

(still will be good)

Just need some clarification on the posting...

I can post ingredients and $ whenever. Post lots of pics of the process over the next few days. By Sunday 10 pm I must post finished, plated pic, and bite pic to be entered. Right? Sorry if I'm being dense.

Yeah. :) Bite or cut if meat, if that's what you mean, always preferred. I like the cut myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back