• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonchi Project

I decided to take all of my best plants with the meanest pods and turn them all into Bonchis this year, since I did not isolate any plants and really don't want to start from scratch again. I haven't done this, so I will be logging my experiences here, including my grow with them next year.

I'll start off with this video I made of me making my third bonchi of the year.
Let me know what you all think!

dragonsfire said:
This is a nice site and instructions. I hope its ok to post it.

http://www.fatalii.net/Bonsai_Chiles_Bonchi
This is where I learned everything I know! I am making a couple more today. I've been exposing the roots slowly for about a week now. I will post pictures later today
chocolatescotchbonnet said:
what's the one on the left?
The one on the left is a Douglah, but it puts out red pods. Perfect douglah shape, just red. I have a friend who wants a bonchi, and I think this one has the best shot at looking like a really bonsai once I get a good pot for it, so I will eventually be giving it to him
This actually reminded me, I need some good, true douglah seeds. Anybody have any?

sevenstrings said:
Check out Chuck Iker Bonsai pots, handmade in Ohio and pretty good prices. Awesome pots, I have probably 30 from him :-)

http://www.ikerbonsaipots.com/
Thanks! I've been looking for some pots. I might go with one of these for my gift plant, but I will need to go cheaper for the ones I am keeping for myself. These really are beautiful pots!

Update: I am actually finding some really good prices on some really nice ones. Thanks again!

Very interesting.  I actually have a plant that I think would be perfect for this.  It forked really close to the ground and put out massive side shoots.   I might have me a winter project. 

Thank you for the inspiration!

primal13 said:
Nice,

How much light are they under, and how long?

I currently have them under normal t8s (I think) One bulb is 4500k, one is 6500k running 24 hours for now. Will start running 18 hour days here soon.
Today's project: 

Bhut: 

Reaper #1:

Reaper #2:

The finished work! (I forgot to snap pics of the Aji Lemon. That will be a gift some day for a friend)

Mene said:

I currently have them under normal t8s (I think) One bulb is 4500k, one is 6500k running 24 hours for now. Will start running 18 hour days here soon.
Today's project: 

Bhut: 

Reaper #1:

Reaper #2:

The finished work! (I forgot to snap pics of the Aji Lemon. That will be a gift some day for a friend)

Thank you for the info. Absolutely love the Bhut. That should be hanging off the side of something creepy.

Back