• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Oktoberfest - Cooking With Beer!

Meal cooked with Beer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who made the best meal with BEER as in integral part?

What kind of fish is the fish taco please?

hogleg said:

FIFY

I thought that too, but I think JHP has said they are some pink grouper or something ...

I have never seen pink grouper, but maybe they're different up there - who knows ...

Great job by all the entries.  Ozzy gets both of my votes.  The beer sauce that he sautéed everything in just looked really good and sounded tasty.  The dessert was interesting and I had to look a few times.  Keybrdkid delivered an interesting dessert, but I think Ozzy just nailed it with his Beerimisu.  

Really hard to decide on the entrees. I ended going with 1010. The poppers really put it over the edge. Those looked freaking amazing. As did the bread. I'm allergic to shrimp too, but I'd pop a few Benadryl to give it a go. Alynne's pork was second for me. It was so close too, but I just really wanted one of those poppers. Well done by all though.
Dessert I voted for my Beerimisu. It was just really good and if I had to pick out of the three choices I'd grab it again and again. I actually had some of what was left for breakfast today.

I am puzzled as to how an entry with NO HEAT is even in the poll. But whatever.

Me? I would scarf both of Key's entries in a heartbeat, so that's where my vote went. Koolio Key!

geeme said:

Me? I would scarf both of Key's entries in a heartbeat, so that's where my vote went. Koolio Key!
What could I have done...really want a crown.

Alynne said:
What could I have done...really want a crown.

Nothing! You did great. It's in my top. I wanted more beer in it for a "cooking with beer" TD. I don't know if I'd taste one bottle of a lighter beer in that awesome pork chile stew, but it was damn awesome. Ozzy's gravy now I think I would taste the beer there. That was literately beer gravy and awesome looking. People will vote for what they like, and often don't pay attention to the challenge at hand. For me, I want to see how you used the beer and a batter is kind of a cop out. :P But the tacos are still on top for me because I love fish tacos. The po' boy, I loved all of the elements separately, but that bread is way too dense for a po boy for me and you better give me more than 4 shrimp (and pickles please). :P Haha. But man, that was some awesome looking beer bread.

My top is the tacos and your stew I think. So no, you didn't need to do anything different. :)

Definitely enter again.

Beerimisu is just genius. Really no content there.

May I point out. Soufflé.
image.jpeg

You are right, the tacos were excellent. Just disappointed.

Nothing creative but sometimes nailing a classic trumps creativity. 

geeme said:

Which entries had no heat? The two desserts? Does everything have to be spicy in a throwdown? Just curious :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back