• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Indoor multi-strain soil/DIY LED

so we will follow that seedling but in the mean time I've shut down my aquaponics system and repotted some plants into soil

paprika random in 3L pots

possible bonchi paprikas in 1L pots

i think its called ring o fire

group shot

there is also a bulls horn pepper not featured in this update

ill get some more photos up once/if anything survives 

for the moment ive turned off the big lights in the middle as well as done some serious trimming to give everyone time to acclimatise to soil
-also the root system was pretty under developed 

been a few days since the aquaponics to soil shift and the big ring o fire is getting super droopy

while the ones that were cut back heavily aren't praying yet but not looking half as thirsty as she is

so I'll cut her back-actually I may end up bonchi-ing her

post hair cut

had to harvest these green 

here she is back home

and i took some cutting just because the germinator is full with that indian chilli(i think its some kinda naga)

Heckle said:
 yellow stem?

more photos

Also, were going to have to ask you switch your thermometer to Fahrenheit.
Sorry if i did that I wouldn't be able to read it :)
It's liters and Celsius in this thread-but the measuring equipment won't feature

Tnx for posting

dragonsfire said:
What does that spectrum of light enhance?
which spectrum?

the blurple (blue+red)you mean?

it is supposed to be more photosynthetically effecient-and it was up until about 2 years ago when advances in LED tech by major companies made it possible to achieve more photons of the blue/red spectrum per watt from their white chips than their monochramatic chips even with all the other "unneeded" spectrum

so now I just use cobs from cree-there are CXA but the CXB are better

Aquaponics is a waste of time, I did it for over a year in this space and just switched to soil.
For keeping fish it is the most awesome low cost low maintainence filter system ever, for growing plants:it works, ok to well for greens but for anything fruiting it's a sham
Thanks for following, hopefully I can get more interest in my system

I'm going with biobizz, will start 3 weeks in as the plegron growmix suggests it has 3 weeks of veg furt in it

Well aquaculture is a pond and a marsh modeled on Earth. It's missing the piece that lets you grow fruits.

I was just agreeing with you.

From the Docs i watched years ago the main function of Aquaponics was to raise fish, and the plants floating on top was the extra produced from the fish byproduct, lettuce and other vegetables were grown and any other fast growing product. Thus a productive cycle with no waste.

dragonsfire said:
From the Docs i watched years ago the main function of Aquaponics was to raise fish, and the plants floating on top was the extra produced from the fish byproduct, lettuce and other vegetables were grown and any other fast growing product. Thus a productive cycle with no waste.

yeah exactly- I had an overstocked fish tank and never changed the water 
amonia was 0 BUT I love plants, especially fruiting ones. so it didnt really float my boat  :lol:

Back