• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Trader Joe's Ghost Pepper Potato Chips

Lattice Cut!  Commercial food is so behind the times.  Ghost was popular how many years ago?  Did not buy them.  But somebody needs to try them.  If it were made with Yellow Primos or <cough> Chocolate Bhutlahs, then we'd be talkin.  hehe.

VloXn31h.jpg

i have had ghost pepper chips, don't think it is this brand, from whole foods and it was definitely made of ghost peppers. a handful of chips was really hard to eat

moruga welder said:
. don't have whole foods .     :onfire:

you're not missing out lol. they have some good things nobody else has but they're whole paycheck for real. Though, i like getting exotic mushrooms and saying they're oysters to the most ignorant of cashier registers lol

Trader Joe's also has smoked ghost peppers in a grinder ($5). The peppers are vacuum sealed inside (you open after purchase), so they taste fresh. Any, yes, it contains real ghost peppers!

smoked-ghost-chilies-grinder.jpg

Those Paqui tortilla chips when brand new won THPA a few years ago. Good to see them in the markets.

BigB said:

you're not missing out lol. they have some good things nobody else has but they're whole paycheck for real. Though, i like getting exotic mushrooms and saying they're oysters to the most ignorant of cashier registers lol
we do have a mushroom factory about 45min. away . portabellas by the case about 12 bucks . plus free mushroom compost if you want . as for more mushrooms i got em all out in my woods , mmmmm     :onfire:

moruga welder said:
we do have a mushroom factory about 45min. away . portabellas by the case about 12 bucks . plus free mushroom compost if you want . as for more mushrooms i got em all out in my woods , mmmmm     :onfire:
jealous, I go mushroom hunting when i go to the house in asheville NC. chanterelles, reishi, chicken and hen of the woods. mmmmm

BigB said:
jealous, I go mushroom hunting when i go to the house in asheville NC. chanterelles, reishi, chicken and hen of the woods. mmmmm
stumpy's,grassy's,chicken of the woods a.k.a. sulfur mushroom ,  elephant ears , sheepshead , you name it .  Morrels , and papinkies in the spring .     :onfire:

We need a thread on making your own powder mix to add to chips lol
I make my own (been a while) just fine grind it and add it to your favorite bag of chips and shake till mixed, then enjoy, hell of of a better taste then the bought stuff lol

I recently tried the Trader Joe's Ghost Pepper Chips. I've had spicier major-label barbecue chips. Seriously. No heat at all  :( .

chiltepin said:
Lattice Cut!  Commercial food is so behind the times.  Ghost was popular how many years ago? 

They are not behind the times, they don't care about all the hottest peppers and constantly changing names, Ghost has a marketable name, and was once the hottest, so it is still what they are interested in. 

Most people know what a ghost is and most of the people still think it's the hottest. Job well done, hey at least they got that out there. They are going to ride that for a long time and not try to re-educate the public unless something starts to take off, but don't expect to see any Moruga or Bhutla chips anytime soon, it's going to have to be another marketable name. :)

Back