• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Whats the ridiculous number of sauces you have on hand?

So I have 13 sauces in my fridge. Theyre all mine but Cholula's, my three year old uses that. 
Aji cristal
Trini mustard
green limon and green Hab
green ghost w/ wine (so good)
Chocolate hab
moruga sissy sauce
Pure Moruga
Moruga honey
moruga habanero
Moruga Ghost 7pot
ghost and cayenne
Hab squared (crazy hab/jalapeno hybrid that crossed back with habs)

generally when we are using hot sauce we will have 3-5 bottles on the table.
IMG_0960_zpsozmuvfd1.jpg

I try to keep opened sauces to about 5 or six plus a couple of jars of puree. I probably have about 4-5 cases of hot sauce in my basement. Most of that are sauces that I made and have not given away yet.

I had over 120 hot sauces and spicy foods in the fridge one time.  Some were over 5 years old.  Yea, had to do some serious purging~~~~ :lol: 

right now I have the long shelf on the bottom of the door and 2 other half shelves full of hot sauces.  Down to about 35.

I have about 60 in reserve, waiting to be opened. 
About 15 in the fridge, and I usually try to keep it under 10. 

I found that too many opened sauces meant that the less popular ones where going bad in the fridge. 

So now I keep it around a dozen, with a steady rotation of newcomers as sauces get finished off. 

:lol: TopSmoke- my son tried that about a week ago, started chucking bottles in the garbage, I waited unitl he left the kitchen and started pulling them back out.  Just a couple though....the rest I did leave in the trash~

And we are talking about personal use.  I just took about 30 bottles of new sauces to our chilehead campout, so the pantry stash is a little depleted, down to about a dozen.

Not to worry though.....THe FB chileheads group (which has a LOT of saucemakers in it) organizes a BlackFriday/CyberMonday special.  Everyone puts up some pretty good sales, so I usually buy from 2 or 3 companies I haven't tried before.  That usually nets us 20-30 more sauces.

I send packages to military people stationed overseas and often include some of the other sauces in addition to my own.   

:D

Naw, it's the same thing a number of other people do~

If anyone is interested, AnySoldier is a great resource for supporting our troops in all the branches.

Back