9 replies to this topic

#1 Mabuse

Mabuse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hi! I harvested seeds from some unkown fresh chillis bought at the market. There where two types of them, some reds and some yellow/orange, with similar shape. These started dark green, and are now turning red. Any ideas what it can be? Im pretty sure it's a baccatum, judging by the look the flowers had.

qLrt5oJ.jpg

jjnNL3D.jpg

aBmCO9l.jpg

#2 buddy

buddy

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

Maybe Peruvian Pointer . . . I grew them a few years ago.

Edited by buddy, 22 October 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#3 Streamer

Streamer

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

Same looks and growth habit as Aji Amarillo.  Save for the redness.  How bout AJi Rojo?

#4 SavinaRed

SavinaRed

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

I've never had a slender red baccatum at my house. The funny thing is I planted what I thought was a Aji pineapple or lemon from seed and one is ripening red. It is the first on the plant turning color right now. I will have to upload a pic of the plant and the peppers its growing.

Edited by SavinaRed, 23 October 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#5 winland

winland

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

Could it be a Piment D'espelette?

#6 Peter S

Peter S

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:13 AM

I've never had a slender red baccatum at my house. The funny thing is I planted what I thought was a Aji pineapple or lemon from seed and one is ripening red. It is the first on the plant turning color right now. I will have to upload a pic of the plant and the peppers its growing.

How is the flavor, is it similar to Aji Pineapple or lemon?

#7 willard3

willard3

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Would like a foto of the flower.

Santa Maria Ahuacatitlan, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

#8 SavinaRed

SavinaRed

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

How is the flavor, is it similar to Aji Pineapple or lemon?

I don't know I haven't tasted it yet as it is still on the plant and has some green that still needs to ripen. Hopefully it will be ripened by the end of the weekend.

Edited by SavinaRed, 23 October 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#9 BigB

BigB

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • aka:the viking
  • (x2)

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

it looks like aji peruvian to me. i'm growing these but no fruit yet. and it's a baccatum

http://pepperlover.c...peruvian-detail

#10 Mabuse

Mabuse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

Thanks all for your responses.

Maybe Peruvian Pointer . . . I grew them a few years ago.

From what i've red those rippen first to orange and then to red right? These are turning straight from green to red.

Same looks and growth habit as Aji Amarillo.  Save for the redness.  How bout AJi Rojo?

I couln't find much info or pictures of Aji Rojo, but quite probably the yellow chilis i had were Aji Amarillo, and they looked the same as the reds ones, which are what im growing, but yellow.

Pretty much the same happened to me, I was expecting yellow pods, and only when they begun to rippen to red did I remember i had also taken seeds from some red chilis along with the yellow ones, and mixed them at some point.

Would like a foto of the flower.

There are no open flowers right now, i'll take a picture when the next one opens, in 4 or 5 days i guess.

it looks like aji peruvian to me. i'm growing these but no fruit yet. and it's a baccatum

http://pepperlover.c...peruvian-detail

It does look quite similar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests