• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your Username

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
What does your username mean or represent?

In think in my case it's pretty obvious, too. I simply represents my love for hot food, growing chilis i.e. whatever this place is all about.

Erm, Rainbowberry.

16082008325.jpg

I have used AlabamaJack as my username since I started using the internet in 1992 or 1993. AlabamaJack@Yahoo.com was my first internet email address (and I still use it sometimes today)

My great great grandfathers name was Jack Eubanks. He was born in 1851 and was too young to fight for the confederancy during the civil war, but turned into a pretty good gambler in the post war days. He was born just across the Alabama line from Mississippi a little north of Mobile. During the 1880s, he tried his hand at riverboat gambling and he picked up the name AlabamaJack...from what I understand he was pretty successful. Thus my username is a tribute to him.

There is a scene in Second Hand Lions where Hub (Robert Duvall) is talking to Walter (Haley Joel Osment) and says "Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most." (direct quote)

You can make up your mind whether this is "fictional facts or factual fictions" (Thanks Jimmy Buffet).

Well, believe it or not, Duck is my last name. Devil Duck Sauces will be the name of my sauce company. All of the forums I frequent have some kind of spin on my last name.

Z sites - duckyz
Music/drumming - duckbeat
Salt water fish forum - The Duck

Mine's to be different from my other names on game and gardening sites and to put it simply what happens when peppers are a hobby gone wild!!!

Jackie

Back