• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

CMPMAN

Chris/CMPMAN is VERY sick right now.SEND HIM YOUR LOVE!
He has been a VERY GREAT friend of mine for YEARS.
He is a VERY special person!
I don't know if he wants me to post this or not.
He needs your / our support.
He is hospitalised now.Not looking good...

Salsafamily is sending prayers for Chris.  Whatever the problem is, we are sending our best for Chris and his family.

Ann, John, Evan

Send him a TON of E mails.I went through Chemo,was told I was terminal etc.
Chris IS a good friend to me.
It made a LOT of hard times easier when Chris and others talked to me at the time.

It makes a lot of difference ,no matter what the problem is to hear people care.

Lots of head trips happen when you are very ill.
He is very ill right now.
Tell HIM you care.
I'm only trying to let people know he needs well wishes etc.
Chris has been a VERY good friend of mine for years.
A lot of people know him,he needs our support.
He might not be visiting web sites.
Maybe E Mails will get to him telling him we care...

I'm sure,if he is able,he will love all the care posted here.

Anyone who knows him knows where my head is at.

He probably has Luekemia,don't know what stage etc.
VERY SICK.
He probably isn't on any site.E Mails are the best way to MAYBE wish him well.
Chris is a very special friend of mine and probably others.

My heart is breaking for his Daughter and family.

He needs our Love and best wishes/prayers.

Hang in there, Smoke. My thoughts go out to you too, during this upsetting news. I know you have contributed a ton to this community and are a good person as well. I can only imagine how upsetting it is for you knowing what you've been through as well.

Lots of respect and wishing you well. 

Your friend, Hogleg.

Let him know of this post. People sending best wishes.

My best wishes and prayers to Chris and his family.
He's the best of the best of the pepper world, a true pioneer of the superhot era but still an humble guy that kindly replies to any request...

Be strong Chris!

Datil

Hi everyone.  I do appreciate all the support.  I was diagnosed this week with a serious illness.  it is said to be treatable many times, but a very dangerous and expensive illness with a tough road and lots of treatment needed.  There are NEVER guarantees with things like this.  As tough as the news is to hear, i am thankful my own self-preserverance to get labs tests gave me a chance to find out this was there.  The doctors said w/o knowing the diagnosis, one could've died in 2-4 weeks.  That is a real wake-up call. 

I learned a real lesson to never take a day for granted. 

Smokemaster, I already understand what you mean about how support made a difference.  it is mentally draining to hear that type of news and then there is a real break-in period. The docs say go a day at a time.  I'm a person who loooks out 20 steps ahead usually, but this will put me out of my comfort zone. 

I will reply when i can, but did want to acknowledge those who responded.  I completely understand everyone endures thier own battles in life.  No one said things are easy!

Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your illnes, but the important thing for you is to realise is an illness, is not a death sentence. As every illness, people can recovery. People die from flu, appendicitis, ulcer, and many other things. So, you have to see your illnes as an illnes, nothing more, people can die from this, or can survive, as any illness. I know is easy for an "outsider" to talk, but look at Mike (smokemaster), he's the living proof.
And of course you have to turn to God, to Lord Jesus, as you can read in the Bible, Lord Jesus can say a word and heal the one who believe in Him.
I will pray every day for you.

Back