• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Lets Talk Crackers...

lol, their was a great cook show called Good Eats, Alton Brown, learned allot about food with him. Crackers was one of the episode and the possibilities were awesome.
Ive made Potato and buckwheat in the past with herbs and spices and turned out like a giant potato chip. This one actually its the second one, the night before I made a plane one, this is 50/50 Chick Pea and cooked Potatoes with mixed herbs and Chipotle, with a topping of Limburger on it :)
With a griddle it makes it easy, just squish it and cook till dry :)

PB035200_ChickPeaPotatoCracker-1000_zps9eloxdfy.jpg

Sweet Potato Crackers

Well caramelized, chewee from all the sugar in their.
I large Potato pressure cooked for 10 min, left inside pot to slow cool down, makes removing the skin easy and then mush.
Added 1/2 cup Brown rice flower and 1/2 cup Buckwheat to soak up the moisture in the potatoes, 2 heap tbs oregano several small Jamaican yellow peppers, 1 heaping seasoning salt, 1/4 cup dried mushrooms (Shiitake), 1 large tbs Coconut oil (my place is cold so the oil hard). Blitzed dry and one of the chunk's so their mixed, then mix with the rest.

PB175486_SweetPotatoCracker-1000_zps6v7ljzws.jpg

PB175487_SweetPotatoCracker-1000_zps9jugqi4k.jpg

PB175488_SweetPotatoCracker-1000_zpsac7vhv9p.jpg

PB175489_SweetPotatoCracker-1000_zpspijvuvqj.jpg

PB175490_SweetPotatoCracker-1000_zpscp0rpou0.jpg

Looks amazing!! Wow love me some limbuger!!! Used to make grilled cheese on pumpernickel Ooohhhh baby!! Stunk up the whole house my kids used to get so mad!!!! Hahaha

Hmmm, need to pix these pics.

Last nights supper, potato onion cracker. Griddle used cooked till crisp solid, then added broccoli , my eggplant white bean dip (gets hooter each time I use it) and garlic dip.

QUZmbkz.jpg

dragonsfire said:
lol, hard tack is talked about in the Muzzleloading forum, some make it. Flour/Water/Salt.
I have made it too.

Sailor Boy is the shit!

Peanut butter and honey rocks on it.

Tomato paste, mozz, and pepperoni.

Spam and mustard.

Sardines and hot sauce.

Get out of town!

Sailor Boy is best food.

Alaskan bread.

Crackers are certainly the most often baked item in my house.  Flour, salt, sesame seed, olive oil, water.  Great with pickled jalapenos, anchovies, dip, or just plain.   

Back