• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Favorite Cooking Shows?

What are your favorite cooking shows?

Mine are:
1. Cooks Country/America's Test Kitchen
2. Good Eats w/Alton Brown
3. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
4. Hell's Kitchen (just for the laughs)

Good Eats!!!

I watch a variety of UK shows, Great British  Bake off was great, but cant watch it anymore since one of the UK torrent site was shut down :(

Your top two are definitely my top two, but replace #4 for laughs with cutthroat kitchen. Alton is hilarious. I also love aaron sanchez's taco trip, i think they're coming out with a second season actually. Taco inspiration is some of the best inspiration, great to see how people do lots of fusions. I wish I had TV still haha, I had all of these great episodes recorded and now it's all gone, GONE I TELL YA

winland said:
What are your favorite cooking shows?

Mine are:
1. Cooks Country/America's Test Kitchen
2. Good Eats w/Alton Brown
3. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
4. Hell's Kitchen (just for the laughs)

if you love cooking and don't have a subscription to cooksillustrated.com, I highly advise you ask for one for christmas. Their recipes, as demonstrated by #1 on your list, are tested to perfection, and some of their shortcuts are life savers. I always mention microwaving onions to cut down 90% of the time of cooking when caramelizing onions for french onion soup. Shit like that. My only problem with them which my friend pointed out when I lived with him is that you need a stocked kitchen, but i can't complain about that.  My wallet can though hah

Get wit da times, Grant :rofl:

Yes they're all shows on PBS as well as Cooks country/Test kitchen. Which is a great show I just didn't list it.

Steve Raichlin? Primal Grill?? c'mon I know you've heard of that one?

hogleg said:
Get wit da times, Grant :rofl:

Yes they're all shows on PBS as well as Cooks country/Test kitchen. Which is a great show I just didn't list it.

Steve Raichlin? Primal Grill?? c'mon I know you've heard of that one?

Never have watched any (am familiar w/ Raichlin otherwise) ...

Am excited, though ...

The outdoor grilling/cooking shows are always something I look forward to if I can catch them. Bobby Flay and Guy Fieri both have outdoor cooking shows. Also, I watch Triple D from time to time.

Those competition shows like Chopped don't interest me much unless I am really bored.

Don't really watch any. There's a show that does the 5 best... like the 5 best tacos in America... and DDD. I like DDD at times just to see the fare across America, it's cool to see diners and small joints do amazing things, like 4 days to make a brisket that just ends up going on top of pizza, and it's mad cheap, you have to wonder how they make money taking all that time to to make something just to charge $10. Some of the ingredients and methods you see on there are very involved, and it's cool to see that. Guy can get annoying but he does the job needed for that show.

I'll SHOW you :dance:
The Hot Pepper said:
Don't really watch any. There's a show that does the 5 best... like the 5 best tacos in America... and DDD. I like DDD at times just to see the fare across America, it's cool to see diners and small joints do amazing things, like 4 days to make a brisket that just ends up going on top of pizza, and it's mad cheap, you have to wonder how they make money taking all that time to to make something just to charge $10. Some of the ingredients and methods you see on there are very involved, and it's cool to see that. Guy can get annoying but he does the job needed for that show.

Back