• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Pizza Pizza Pizza Throwdown

Breakfast

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
This is on preview for one hour, if something is wrong please PM me.

I had to remove one entry labeled Lunch pizza as they already had Breakfast and Dinner. There was no Lunch category.

Take a good look now poll opens in one hour!

It will last 2 days plus the extra 2 for having 3 categories. 4 days.

What? No Essegi in this?

Dang! What’s an Italian Cowboy to do? Well its first off to Ozzy’s for Sausage and Gravy Pizza, then I’ll head over to D3monic’s place for Dinner to have me some Italian Sausage, Bacon, “THICK SLICED” (did you see those beautiful slices) Peperoni, Fresh Mozz and Bonnets. Complete Madness of flavor!  Then it’s back to Ozzy’s for dinner to put myself in a Chocolate Coma.  Ozzy I’ll be needing that couch.  :D

There was some very tough choices here and everyone put in some great work. I would of loved a slice of each. 

breakfast I went with Rympert. I don't even really like salmon but the menagerie of ingredients sounded great together and that crust was perfect. Reminded me of a salmon creamcheese bagle for some reason.

Dinner was a really hard call, it was a toss up between my own, tc1010 and bums pizzas. I liked my toppings and all and really loved the crust on the other two. In the end I had to go with bum for the bonus points of foraging toppings and making his own cheese. It had inspired me to try my own cheese making in the future. 

Dessert- was a toss up between 1010 and ozzy. Both would kill me if I ate them but they both looked tasty and if I was into sweets I would probably risk it. Ozzys presentation and colors where very pretty but the pizza didn't seem to have much substance to it. Thus giving way to 1010's peanut butter death and baha goat jelly heaven. 

The Hot Pepper said:

LOL because it's supposed to. ;)

I was just going to say all it was missing is the onion.. but then I caught that it was a onion crust... that's even better. First bagel I ever had was a onion and salmon cream cheese. 
SL3 said:
What? No Essegi in this?

Dang! What’s an Italian Cowboy to do? Well its first off to Ozzy’s for Sausage and Gravy Pizza, then I’ll head over to D3monic’s place for Dinner to have me some Italian Sausage, Bacon, “THICK SLICED” (did you see those beautiful slices) Peperoni, Fresh Mozz and Bonnets. Complete Madness of flavor!  Then it’s back to Ozzy’s for dinner for to put myself in a Chocolate Coma.  Ozzy I’ll be needing that couch.  :D

that was a really good pepperoni. I will be buying that again in the future, those slices where like 1/4" thick. crisped up nice too. I am guilty of tossing the rest in a pan and putting in oven on broil and just eating them as a greasy crispy snack. 

I voted for mine because I thought it was truely something I would eat. I also really liked the way my pics turned out. With that said I thought Keybrdkid made a pizza for dinner that would roll my eyes back in my head. For dessert it is really hard to beat DEATH BY CHOCOLATE.

THIS WAS SOOOOO FUN BOSS!!!!!!!

I went with Rymerpt's breakfast. I love smoked salmon, and actually considered making something similar, so I loved seeing it done; and done well. I was close to voting 1010's, the ghost purée cream cheese prevailed.

Dinner I went with Johnsmyname. The reduction sauce won it for me. I really wanted to try it most of all of them. Key's looked amazing too. I really thought I was going to vote for it. FB's crust lover looked amazing as well; kudos on the homemade mozzarella.

Desert I went with my Death by chocolate. It was honestly one of the best things I've probably ever made. I saved the rest of the raspberry sauce for ice cream. The candied pecans were out of sight too.

Great job by everyone. I only wish they could all be on a buffet line so I could try them all.

I went 1010's deep dish bfast pie - hands down my favorite there.  Dinner was a toss up between Key and Foggia, with Key just barely edging.  Dessert was Bums from the get go - just loved how that dish came out and the sweet/savory combination.

Loved seeing so many members participate, and I'd have gladly sat at any of the entries' tables to share out some of that bonanza!  ;)

Wow, that was tough! Especially because I'm hungry.

Breakfast - was torn between the biscuit gravy and salmon, but the fact that the biscuit gravy would require a four hour nap and Rympert's beautiful pictures tipped it just barely.

Dinner - Keybird, your crust looked amazing, as did your pie. I would happily scarf down any and all of them, but went with 1010 because of the sliced peppers on top and the foldy crust with cornmeal on the bottom. My favorite type of pie.

Dessert - again went with 1010 mostly cause I'm not a huge fruit fan.

Thank you all for the wonderful efforts! So much fun to follow.

Yes why doesn't 10-10's Dinner Delight have more votes? Just looked at that pie again, EPIC! I love all those flavors, and he nailed it including the crust.

The Hot Pepper said:
Yes why doesn't 10-10's Dinner Delight have more votes? Just looked at that pie again, EPIC! I love all those flavors, and he nailed it including the crust.

It might be viewed as a strange combination of ingredients, but they just go well together in my opinion.  

Hael no toppings remind me of a pie called Earth Mother I used to get that also had the corn meal/semolina crust. But you added chorizo and 3 awesome cheeses. And all the sauteed veg was tossed in chili oil..... WHA????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC!!!! ;)

Plus you have SUPERHOTS on it! This is The Hot Pepper!!!!!! :D

Still looking.

The Hot Pepper said:
Hael no toppings remind me of a pie called Earth Mother I used to get that also had the corn meal/semolina crust. But you added chorizo and 3 awesome cheeses. And all the sauteed veg was tossed in chili oil..... WHA????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC!!!! ;)

Plus you have SUPERHOTS on it! This is The Hot Pepper!!!!!! :D

Still looking.

I made a stromboli with the leftover filling and dough….pretty sure I dropped it in the pizza thread.   

The Hot Pepper said:
Yes why doesn't 10-10's Dinner Delight have more votes? Just look at that pie again, EPIC! I love all those flavors, and he nailed it including the crust.

I knew I was voting for tctenten's breakfast the instant I saw it ... I also appreciated the others, but that one reminds me of one of my favorite things on earth, period.

For dinner, I had to go w/ FB's because of the cheese, and because tctenten's is using FB's herm, LOL ...

For dessert, while I would have first eaten tctenten's probably, I had to go w/ Ozzy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back