• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pods and Seeds from Wicked Mike... Oh My....

My 2015 season (first attempt at growing peppers) was rather dismal.  I decided to do some research and come across all sorts of people talking about Wicked Mike, so I contacted him.  We exchanged some emails and I have been in contact ever since.  I ordered some seeds and a box of peppers and WOW..... what a guy!  I got quite an education.  Here are some pix of the pods he sent.  He took the time to label them for me so I could taste and smell and decide what to grow in 2016.  So now I have my seeds and my ideas and here's a big THANK YOU to Michael !!

6e21bp.jpg

Mike also suggested I try to make the Haitian "Pikliz" so I researched some recipes, chopped some chilis, cabbage, garlic, lime, onion and such and stuffed it in a jar to ferment...... I will know how it turns out in about a week so stay tuned.

2utrqf9.jpg

34po1uq.jpg

I can't wait to taste this stuff....

-- Charlie

What a nice selection!! BEAUTIFUL specimens (really liking the intense dark purple on the tops of those CGN 21500). Mike indeed is a great guy... and the impeccable handwriting... Lol...once you have seen it you can recognize it from a mile away - no mistaking it!  ;) Enjoy the tasty heat!

Alchymystic said:
What a nice selection!! BEAUTIFUL specimens (really liking the intense dark purple on the tops of those CGN 21500). Mike indeed is a great guy... and the impeccable handwriting... Lol...once you have seen it you can recognize it from a mile away - no mistaking it!  ;) Enjoy the tasty heat!

Right! seriously who can write like that elves? That's some fancy penmanship......oh yeah and a great guy that part was true too  ;) 

Feel blessed my friend. That box has some killer poddage!

You're not going to see many people growing that Armageddon so you better save seeds!!! And as always Mikes CARDIs are the size of his fist ( please don't ask me how I know how big his fist is ;) )!!!!!

Wicked Mike is great!  He hooked me up many times.  I am very thankful we have this resource to buy peppers from.

On a side note, I am wondering if the Dedo de Moca's are mislabeled and are actually Inca Red Drops.....  I thought the DDM is more of a longer/thinner baccatum...  Any one else think that?  I am a mere novice so I am most likely wrong...

coachspencerxc said:
Any cooking involved in this pickling? Beautiful.
Nope.... no cooking.... just mix it all together and stuff it into a quart jar.  I'll keep you posted as to how it turns out.  Here are a few links to some recipes I found.  Search "haitian pikliz recipe".... there's lots of them.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017277-pikliz
http://caribbeanpot.com/how-to-make-haitian-pikliz-picklese/
http://haitian-recipes.com/recipes/152_pikliz-recipe.html
Alchymystic said:
I noticed the handwriting, too.  It looks as if Michael may have done drafting and mechanical drawing before the age of computers...... that's the kind of writing that was used on hand-drafted "plans", and blueprints back in the day.  It's very cool..... 
sirex said:
Feel blessed my friend. That box has some killer poddage!

You're not going to see many people growing that Armageddon so you better save seeds!!! And as always Mikes CARDIs are the size of his fist ( please don't ask me how I know how big his fist is ;) )!!!!!
....got seeds for both!!  I'm starting them in January this year..... can't wait for the 2016 season....!!!

Back