• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone try growing Crunchy Green peppers?

I got a pack of Crunchy Green pepper seeds from pepperlover as a freebie and I was curious--has anyone grown these? Did you like it? Tasty pods? Hardy plant?

I have a 5ish gallon pot that I want to replant with something hardy and useful as a sweet pepper and was considering going with this. The chinense I've got in there now seems to have permanent root damage from heat and is not going to produce at all this year. I'm thinking Crunchy Green will do better. Thoughts?

Even if they are just plain bell peppers and they have no heat to them at all, you can still roast them to get good flavor from them.

They're not bells, at least the picture on the vendor's website shows them as being large Anaheim or cayenne types and describes them as being good for fresh eating. I bet they should be nice roasted too.

I wasn't sure if anyone had given them a whirl this year and found that they did well. I'm sure they'll be fine but personal experience with a variety is always interesting to know about.

Back