spirits The Whisky Thread

Besides chillis, I also have another great passion.

WHISK(E)Y...

I have a small collection that i am gradually emptying.

It is as follows:

SINGLE MALTS

Highland Park 18y.o.
Glenrothers Select Reserve
Glenfiddich 12y.o. Caoran
Glenfiddich 15y.o. Cask Strength (litre bottle)
Glenfiddich 21 y.o. Grand Reserve (unopened)
Glenlivet 15y.o. French Reserve
Glenlivet 30y.o. (1963 - 1993)
Port Ellen 25y.o. rare malt
Cragganmore 12y.o.
Bruichladdich 12y.o.
Laphroaig 10y.o.
Laphroaig 15y.o.
Laphroaig Quarter Cask
Ardbeg 10y.o.
Glenfarclas 8y.o
Glenfarclas 105
Glenfarclas 21y.o.
Bowmore 12y.o.
Bowmore 15y.o Cask Strength (litre bottle)
Bowmore 1991 Port cask Aged - 53.1%
Lagavulin 16y.o.
Talisker 10y.o.
Talisker 18y.o.
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or
Macallan 12y.o.
Clontarf 12y.o.
Hellyers Road Lightly Peated(Australian Single Malt 8 y.o.)
Benromach Organic 12y.o

BLENDS

Ballentines (Age not known - was bottled in the 1950's, and was unopened in it's original packing)
Chivas Regal 12y.o.
Chivas Regal 21y.o. Royal Salute
Jameson 12y.o.
Jameson Gold Reserve
Johnnie Walker Gold label
Johnnie Walker Blue label (sealed)

AMERICAN

Wild Turkey 8 y.o.
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Woodford Special Reserve
Jack Daniels Single barrel

LIQUEURS

Glenfiddich
Lochan Ora
Wild Turkey American honey

I am always adding more to that list.

I want to get a few more top Quality American Bourbon whiskys but postage is a killer, and you can't get a good variety here in Australia.

I really want to get the George T Stagg limited edition bourbon at 73% Alochol, but i am paying almost as much in postage and customs taxes as i am for the bottle itself.:banghead:

I am a member of a Whisky club here in australia called The single Malt Whisky Club and they provide members with a bottle of single malt each month at a great price. There is no membership fee and you don't have to get that months bottle if you don't want to, so it is great for me. They have a forum but it is dead for the most part.

Anyway if anyone else is into whisky post your collection for all to see, and if anyone has a question fire away!!!!:think:

Damn..that's impressive.

I've had the Chivas Special Reserve before...pricey but great stuff. (i had a bar owner friend who gave me some..stuff was ungodly expensive otherwise)

Man, making me thirst now...heheh.

QS
I'm a big fan of the Glenfiddich. :D

I'm buying a bottle occasionally and that last for about half a year, so I pay a little more to get a good one. I like Lagavulin among others.

Lagavulin 16y.o is one of my favorite whiskies. Closely behind Port ellen.

Chiliac, if you like Lagavulin then you would most likely enjoy the Laphroaig 10y.o. They both have a very strong peaty flovour, and are both equally as smooth.

I am very much a peat fan, but also really enjoy a port or sherry oaked whisky...

you've got to add isle of jura to your list. And if you want something thats really peaty try caol ila

I myself won't touch a blended as they can't compare to the smoothness of a good malt.
Have visited the distillery's of glenfiddich, glenlivet and glenfarclas the tours were a bit samey but hey it don't cost any thing and you get a good dram at the end! So it's best if you ain't driving!

Hey Dave

Funny you say that cause i have an 18y.o. caol ila coming in the mail as we speak. It has been recommended to me by a few people.

I also have Ardbeg Uigeadail & Ardbeg 1998 - Still Young coming soon as well.

Davetaylor said:
you've got to add isle of jura to your list.

I don't know much about single malts but I do like ISLE Of JURA. Very peaty, tastes a bit like the sea and not too pricey.

I'm mostly a bourbon/sourmash man.

I like

Bulliet
Maker's Mark
Woodford Reserve
Bookers
Knob Creek
Wild Turkey Rare Bird
and when I'm on the cheap....

Evan Williams or George Dickel

I also like a tippel of Jameson's once in a while.

I have tasted the Glenmorangie Nectar D'or and it is a lovely drop. It has won lots of awards, so it is on my future orders list.;)

moyboy said:
I have tasted the Glenmorangie Nectar D'or and it is a lovely drop. It has won lots of awards, so it is on my future orders list.;)

Yes my good friend has bought that..i was to till i saw the price :)

Just had some Talisker 10 year the other weekend..it was tasty stuff. Haven't drank too much in the past few months, (Go figure..) but have had some good beers recently. Plan on having quite a few next weekend as well! :D

Screw single-malt... bring on the bourbon!

THP, I know you have control of the all powerful 'BANNED' button but i still feel the need to give you a good old fashioned WWF Smack down.....:stop::P

I love good quality Bourbons as well (the type you don't mix with coke) but it is very hard to find them here in Australia and then if you do the price is out of this world...:shocked:

I really want to get my hands on a bottle of George T Stagg limited release bourbon 73%. It has been voted the best bourbon in the world for a few years running. I also want to get a bottle of it's base bourbon, The Buffalo Trace....

I just got a bottle of 12y.o Elijah Craig small batch and it is really nice, for the price (was only $48AUS).

xgrafcorex, I have the taliker 10 at home and it is a very nice drop. If you ever get a chance have a taste of the taliker 18y.o. It was voted the worlds best whisky in 2007 and it is sensational.

I'M WATCHING YOU THP.......:D

moyboy said:
THP, I know you have control of the all powerful 'BANNED' button but i still feel the need to give you a good old fashioned WWF Smack down.....:stop::P
Smack on this :)

Attachments

• michters.jpg
    michters.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 283
thehotpepper.com said:
Smack on this :)

Looks like a nice drop you have there THP.

Bet it will taste great with coke :P, or maybe even ginger beer...:cool:

I can see you reaching for that big red button...:)

I haven't tried this one yet. Looking forward to it.

I would be to.

I've never seen it before, but it's very well received, from the reviews i have just read.

Hope you enjoy it...

P.S. I Hate you.......:lol:🤥

Back