• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

How to start a season right

Hey Guys,
I have started early this year... Real early hahah
I already have over 60 plants started, not included my 16 or so over wintered.
I finished my move from Germany to Kansas and as of now, I am starting my own plants. The over winters were gifts from Jimmy. I am glad to be back to growing and really ready to hunker down and have an amazing year, I am planning on anywhere from 200-350 plants, but we all know how that goes. Hahaha
Enough about that, and more about Chillies!

I don't have a set plan as far as varieties go. I just kinda dig in my seed drawer and pick a few to throw in every time a couple spaces open up. So far I have
Cap 1144 x3
CGN 19198 x1
C. Galapagoense x1
C. Rhomboideum x1
C. Spp. x3
CGN 24360 x1
GRIF 9238 x1
Vizena Piperka x1
Red Ramiro x3
Peach Scorpion x1
Chinense five color X x2
Wartyx x1
Chocolate Bubblegum #1 x2
UBSC x1
MA Pink 7pot x3
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion x1
7 Pot Infinity X Black Naga x3
Reaper X Naga Morich x3
Beni Highlands X Purple Bhut x2
Beni Highlands X missed Bhut x1
Caramel Bhut x2
Cili Goronong x1
7 Pot Brainstrain Chocolate x3
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion x1
Yellow Morugabrain x2
SRTSL x2
Beni Highlands X OZ Brainkiller x1
7 Pot Bubblegum Red x3
Trinidad Mystery x3
Devil's Brain x3
Coyote Zan White x3
7 Pot Rennie X x3
Bishops crown Multicolor x2
Guatemalan Yellow x1
Orange Locoto x2
Giant Red Peruvian x2

This is a great start but, still have tons of work to go!
I will be posting photos throughout today

I'm throwing a few more varieties in today, and I'm thinking I need a few more superhots so you will see a trend in this one haha
Chocolate Bhut X Moruga Scorpion
Brown Bhut Jolokia (PL)
7 Pot Primo Orange
Kaos
Chocolate Bubblegum 7 Pot #2 (Round)
Bhutlah X Bubblegum 7 Pot (Olive Pheno)
Sunrise Scorpion
Chocolate Cappucino Scorpion
7 Pot Douglah
Brazilian Moruga (Butch Taylor)
Devil's Horn (PL)
7 Pot Jonah X Pimenta De Neyde (Burnt Yellow Pheno)
Roatan Pumpkin Habanero
White Habanero
Cumari Do Para
Small Orange Manzano (Nigel)
Carrot Jolokia Wes
Purple Ghost Scorpion
Naga Morich E-Strain
Tepin #1
CGN 20510
Purple Flower Chacöense
Cumari Verdaidera

KGmkio3.jpg

Never hurts to be meticulous, ever:)
These are the ones I had said were going in today, total of about 75 seeds in of 24 varieties
Here is some more photos to give you an idea of what's going on here already haha
BGEFjdU.jpg

xQhIh8L.jpg

0sUHCQ9.jpg

bGDLFBL.jpg

YF4OEWF.jpg

QOKnllu.jpg

7yzoZeU.jpg

I2N4eN5.jpg

reNjFgV.jpg

jcw10tc said:
All is looking good.  Seems so early to be starting them.  You ever use the peat pots before.  Haven't ever heard of anyone liking them.   I won't start anything until at least after Christmas probably, more likely most of mine won't get started until late January through the end of Feb.   
same here justin , mid feb for me this year . january start is a little to soon and  extra work for nothing  .    :onfire:

jcw10tc said:
All is looking good.  Seems so early to be starting them.  You ever use the peat pots before.  Haven't ever heard of anyone liking them.   I won't start anything until at least after Christmas probably, more likely most of mine won't get started until late January through the end of Feb.
I haven't ever used these cups before, but I don't seem to mind them too much, they seem to working. I should have got another started tray, but didn't so here I am haha
moruga welder said:
same here justin , mid feb for me this year . january start is a little to soon and  extra work for nothing  .    :onfire:
I am more or less used to when I lived in Germany and grew all year round inside, so maybe I started a little early haha but that will hopefully mean early harvest and big plants!

Holy Hell KRC!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a huge amount of land I'm blown away brother!!! That's a monster list. I grew around 30+ plants and citrus trees plus a few other edibles but Wow!! You'll be living in a jungle until it's time to put them in the ground!!! Hahaha Have you been making sauces if so what kind? How about fermenting definitely need to join the fermentation crew!! Looking forward to watching this grow brother!!

Cheers

Oldsalty, we have quite a bit of property! Not tons, but enough for maybe 400 plants without it getting cluttered. Not including the side yard!!!
That's the goal, the garage and the basement are both converted to winter nurseries haha
As far as sauces go, I'm just a "home maker" I mess around and make lemon, Lime and vinegar base sauces. I have tried making a few fruit sauces like pomegranate and cherry. I have never tried fermenting Chillies, but the carboy and pressure cap arrived yesterday so it is on! Hahah

oldsalty said:
Holy Hell KRC!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a huge amount of land I'm blown away brother!!! That's a monster list. I grew around 30+ plants and citrus trees plus a few other edibles but Wow!! You'll be living in a jungle until it's time to put them in the ground!!! Hahaha Have you been making sauces if so what kind? How about fermenting definitely need to join the fermentation crew!! Looking forward to watching this grow brother!!
Cheers
We will be growing some other fruits, mainly melons and berries! I would love to grow fruit trees but I don't really know what would do well here in Kansas haha

Oldsalty, we have quite a bit of property! Not tons, but enough for maybe 400 plants without it getting cluttered. Not including the side yard!!!
That's the goal, the garage and the basement are both converted to winter nurseries haha
As far as sauces go, I'm just a "home maker" I mess around and make lemon, Lime and vinegar base sauces. I have tried making a few fruit sauces like pomegranate and cherry. I have never tried fermenting Chillies, but the carboy and pressure cap arrived yesterday so it is on! Hahah[/quote

Wow nice brother!!! Man I wish I had that much room!! This is home maker heaven for the chili head of course!! Hahaha
Alright joining the fermentation Crew!!! :) we got you covered on all your fermenting questions!!! :)
Yeah I love Kansas papaya trees!! Hahaha

Some real nice varieties. Plants are looking good. Won't start here til first week of Feb. Prob another 450 or so but definitely less varieties. All supers. Grew a mix this year and found I had a bunch of plants I didn't care about, mainly non supers. Saw your trade list on FB and have been meaning to chat with you about it but haven't had the time. Looking forward to growing the e-naga as well. Ian sent a couple crosses he made with the e-naga along with isolated e-naga seed.

Awesome, yeah, just shoot me a message if you have some varieties in mind you want:)
I am a little low on funds so I have tons of seeds to send out, but haven't got a chance yet, but that should be over soon and I will be able to get everything out so just let me know!
What's crazy is I still have more varieties to sow haha maybe only 40-50 more hahahahahah

Looking forward to your grow season! It's pretty overwhelming looking at all these crazy crosses from a newbie like myself. I started my plants in October so I'd say that's pretty early hahah

Back