• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

New Sauce - Thanks romy6 & coachspencer!!

SmokenFire

Staff Member
Business Member
I received boxes of pods from romy6 and coachspencer, so I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday than making hot sauce. :)

The ingredients:

2mm7nz5.jpg

Onion, carrot and garlic from our garden and some apples from our tree along with all those wonderful pods!

303bez8.jpg

I roasted the garlic, onion and carrot to bring out some of their sweetness to try and tame some of that punch from the pods.

fo3sz6.jpg

Peppers in the pot with the apples along with 2 cups of water and 2 cups of vinegar.

dxlcgi.jpg

Roasted vegetables added, time to cover and cook over medium low heat for about 30-45 minutes.

2ue5mhs.jpg

Everything is now nice and happy!  Time to boat motor this sumbitch! 

I'll be back to update this thread after I get some lunch.  :)

After the food mill and blending:

2wqczl5.jpg

And we're finished!

2m6wrwh.jpg

I ended up adding about 1 tbsp of salt and a couple tbsp of Pex's buckwheat honey for balance.  Heat is up there; maybe 7 or 8 of 10.  It's a little sweet to start then savory with the garlic and onion and it finishes HOT.  :)

SmokenFire said:
After the food mill and blending:

And we're finished!

I ended up adding about 1 tbsp of salt and a couple tbsp of Pex's buckwheat honey for balance.  Heat is up there; maybe 7 or 8 of 10.  It's a little sweet to start then savory with the garlic and onion and it finishes HOT.   :)
That looks great, nice looking sauce smoken  :onfire:

Back