• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

favorite Favorite Heartbreaking Dawns hot sauce?

1498 is my favorite.  Hard to put my finger on it, tastes more homemade / home canning than a lot of other hot sauces, even other Heartbreaking dawn sauces.

I once had an early tester bottle of the SW Hab sauce, with a laser-printed label on it.  This was back when they were just getting started.  So, I've always liked that one. 

The cauterizer is my favorite of the fruity HBD sauces, but I have a bottle of Fervor in the fridge now. 

A bottle of the mauvais sang sits unopened alongside a bottle of lethal ingestion, reaper mash, and buddy's naga puree.  Saving these in case I ever need some thermite. 

Mauvais Sang.

Edit - It is clear that the thread starter is a shill for the company, getting intel on customers, but I don;t mind playing along. :)

I promise it was not a shill for the company and frankly I'm a bit offended (ok, I guess I haven't been on this forum long so I may have deserved it to some degree). I  ordered the 1498 yesterday. I've never really had a sweet fruity superhot sauce, so I have no idea if I'll like it or not. I might like it, might hate it.

I'd post a screenpic of the amazon order but I'm afraid I'm not that tech savvy. 
I also wouldn't mind hearing input on Lucky dog (i've got it narrowed down to brown, black, perro, and I'm on the fence on Green, Orange, and pink), Rick's, Pex, and Red Hawk (and I reeeaaallyyy want to try Cappy's brain strain).

The only reason I decided to order some HBD (and Primo's, which is great) was that I can order a bottle AND have it shipped for under 10$. I plan on ordering from the other four I listed, but since shipping is included in those I figured I'd get a larger order to mitigate some of that, and those I figured I'd hold off on before I'd tried a few others and heard from ppl on this forum. I just hate paying 8$ to ship one 7$ sauce.

So ya, Primo's I had no problem ordering blind b/c they only have one sauce and shipping was free, but HBD and others are a little more tricky.

dragon49 said:
Mauvais Sang.

Edit - It is clear that the thread starter is a shill for the company, getting intel on customers, but I don;t mind playing along. :)

Easy big fella!

trumpstylz said:
I promise it was not a shill for the company and frankly I'm a bit offended (ok, I guess I haven't been on this forum long so I may have deserved it to some degree). I  ordered the 1498 yesterday. I've never really had a sweet fruity superhot sauce, so I have no idea if I'll like it or not. I might like it, might hate it.

I'd post a screenpic of the amazon order but I'm afraid I'm not that tech savvy. 
I also wouldn't mind hearing input on Lucky dog (i've got it narrowed down to brown, black, perro, and I'm on the fence on Green, Orange, and pink), Rick's, Pex, and Red Hawk (and I reeeaaallyyy want to try Cappy's brain strain).

The only reason I decided to order some HBD (and Primo's, which is great) was that I can order a bottle AND have it shipped for under 10$. I plan on ordering from the other four I listed, but since shipping is included in those I figured I'd get a larger order to mitigate some of that, and those I figured I'd hold off on before I'd tried a few others and heard from ppl on this forum. I just hate paying 8$ to ship one 7$ sauce.

So ya, Primo's I had no problem ordering blind b/c they only have one sauce and shipping was free, but HBD and others are a little more tricky.
If I offended you, I apologize—I really thought you were a shill.  Even if you were indeed a shill, it wasn't my intent to offend you.

My second favorite Heartbreakingdawns product is Nuit en Enfer.  Both Mauvais Sang and Nuit en Enfer are very hot and concentrated.  They go well with Sushi.  Instead of mixing wasabi in the soy sauce dish, mix a few drops (or more !) of one of these sauces with the soy sauce to make an awesome, spicy dipping sauce for the sushi.

Welcome to the forum :)

I'd go with Cauterizer myself, but really the only difference between it and 1498 is the heat level. I also love their Southwestern Habanero - it's a great option for when you want something nice and tangy. 

trumpstylz said:
 I just hate paying 8$ to ship one 7$ sauce.

I've always felt the same way, so at the risk of being an actual shill, check out my website - we've got $4.95 flat rate shipping on everything  :party:

heathotsauce said:
I'd go with Cauterizer myself, but really the only difference between it and 1498 is the heat level. I also love their Southwestern Habanero - it's a great option for when you want something nice and tangy. 

I've always felt the same way, so at the risk of being an actual shill, check out my website - we've got $4.95 flat rate shipping on everything  :party:
I prefer sauces without onions or garlic.  If it is easy for you to come up with a list of onion and garlic free sauces that you sell, please reply with it ;if not, I'll check out the site and check myself.

Thanks

Please stick to promotion in the proper areas.

Back