• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense CP 288 - Black Bhutlah SLP F2

Hi all

I have some newly germinated peppers that I got from Puckerbutt in September. They are a Christopher Phillips creation. I have been waiting patiently for some info to come out on these or a pod review but there isn't a whole lot out there. What would be fantastic is a review from Ted Barrus or Bill Moore or Brad Bishop. 

Has anyone tried one of these? See my little guys below. It'll be a few months yet before I get to try one!

20151113_224451_resized.jpg

:welcome: to the THP forums!!

I haven't seen any specific forum posts or video reviews of the 'Black' Bhutlah's- only the Brown Bhutlah's from SLP (from which these originally come) Those posts/video reviews are in the forums and on Youtube. That is probably the best you can work with for now until something else pops up. I'm very much interested in this particular variation from the Brown's as well. Until then...

Looks like your off to a great start! Any further details on your current setup  :P - what LED are you using... is that a homemade DWC tub (or aeroponics cloner perhaps?)... plan on growing to maturity indoors, or just getting started indoors to put the girls outdoors next season? I'm sure others would like to know as well. :party: (I'm wishfully 'dreaming' to grow to maturity during winter months -have pods always at hand!-, but don't have sufficient $$ for necessities ATM ...lights especially. Just gathering all the info and tips I can until then.)

Best of success with your grow!

This is pretty much all I know about it. 

http://store.puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/collections/stupit-hot-seeds/products/cp-288-black-bhutlah-slp-f2
This is an old pic of my setup.I'll take a better pic this weekend. It's a DWC. I have since installed 2 circ fans and an external water chiller made out of a small wine fridge. 

I have brought plants to maturity in this box. The vegetative growth in here is ridiculously fast. It's a 220 watt LED. Neither red or blue biased. Cayenne on left, reaper on right. Next plants to go in the water is the black bhutlah and seven pot bubblegum. Then maybe ill try my hand at crossing.

20150315_154711_resized.jpg

Welcome to THP. Plants are looking good.

All of the Bhutlah SLP (Semillas La Palma) are fairly new so not stable and not much info. The Bhutlah SLP is actually the creation of Peter Merle who owns SLP. He added the SLP to the name to avoid confusion with the Chocolate Bhutlah. He's actually a member here and has a glog. He grows some awesome stuff. I think that Chris Phillips did find the black growing from a red Bhutlah SLP he was growing like PB says.

I grew the Brown SLP this past season and one plant put out some extremely wicked looking and tasting pods. This year I'm growing the gold, brown, black and mustard. Really loved the browns. I've never tried the real Chocolate Bhutlah but the SLP one blew away all of the other Bhutlah versions I grew.

Hope you have a successful grow.

R1dreamer said:
This is pretty much all I know about it. 

http://store.puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/collections/stupit-hot-seeds/products/cp-288-black-bhutlah-slp-f2

This is an old pic of my setup.I'll take a better pic this weekend. It's a DWC. I have since installed 2 circ fans and an external water chiller made out of a small wine fridge. 

I have brought plants to maturity in this box. The vegetative growth in here is ridiculously fast. It's a 220 watt LED. Neither red or blue biased. Cayenne on left, reaper on right. Next plants to go in the water is the black bhutlah and seven pot bubblegum. Then maybe ill try my hand at crossing.

20150315_154711_resized.jpg
Welcome from NYC!

When you stated, "I have brought plants to maturity in this box," does that mean that the 220 Watt LED produced pods?  I'm asking because I'm considering replacing my florescent lights with LED's, but only if I can get lots of pods, as it is too hard to get pods with my Florescents and CFLs, no matter how many lumens I throw at the plants.

I had pods from my cayenne but my reaper had terrible flower drop. You think that has to do with lack of lighting? I figured it was nutrients because the branches and foliage grew very quickly. The stocks were as thick as 2 thumbs. Also, the plants were the complete opposite of leggy. Short, very thick branches.Very dense foliage....

Back