• Logo 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logo 3

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Logo 4

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
So the other month, I posted a poll for the brewery names

Unfortunately out of all the names that were posted, not a single one passed trademark verification process

We finally found one that does, and these are 4 possible logos that our graphic designer has come up with

These are just computer screen shots, as I do not currently have a format that is supported by THP.

Pick your favorite, and tell me why or why not the other ones, or if you have a change to one, tell me that too

Remember, this is a brewery and cidery, these are logos that are going on bottles and T shirts

Logo 1

lHxs61V.png

Logo 2

5ZkfXqb.png

Logo 3

AKqUGKQ.png

Logo 4

hCUe5zF.png

#2 is really bad ... totally out.

#1 is my fav.

#3 is a'ight.

#4 is kind of cool, but it's the kind of logo that turns into a future limitation ...

It's really all about #1 for me, even though I don't know what the figure is to the right of the logo ... regardless, the design of the text aspect works for me.

Wheebz I like #3.  The branding is big and bold and was just most visually appealing to me. 

I also agree with Grant...#2 was on bottom of my list.

1. No. Not sure what the door is and looks like "Taps Works Collusion."
2. No. Too dot-com looking.
3. A bit blocky and clip arty.
4. The first one, black, fits the collusion name best. The others per type of beverage work. I think they need more work but as a concept I would run with it.

Oh, #1 is like a speakeasy door I think? Maybe work that into 4.

The high dot on the "i" annoys me in #1 lol...........

I can see #1 working with improvements.

2 and 3 def not.

Again #4 has some good qualities, also needs improvements. Something as simple as a fedora or something gangstery for Collusion. Could end up being your identity. 

the only thing that worries me about the whole gangster thing is Speakeasy Brewing Company

their whole identity is gangster prohibition type stuff

I do like #1 the best - the first thought that came to my mind was a speak-easy door. The separated dot to the 'i' doesn't bother me, but it's not needed.

#2 makes me think you are trying to weave an implication to "illusion" into the name. If that's what you are going for, then it succeeds. If not, meh.

#3 and #4 make me question whether the name is "Tap Works Collusion" or "Collusion Tap Works", in comparison to #'s 1 and 2. If "Tap Works" is considered to be minor, not necessarily a problem.

#3 - I'd get the designer to work on the kerning of "Tap Works" a bit more. The design says "classic" but also "strong" to me. I like it. But the apple also needs work, as it first comes across as a tomato to me.

#4 - I'm not a fan of the thin/fine serif font at this size. But I do like the movement/flow of it.

That said, I would recommend you get the designer to present each as single-color items - one in all white on a black background and the other in reverse. Think about some of the promo materials and other things where you might want to use a single color - like maybe stamped onto one of those those fabric shopping bags or embossed onto a portfolio cover. That might help inform your decision. 

Another thought - do you see the label as potentially containing other artwork? Think of Lucky Dog - there's more than just the logo and type on there. You don't have to go that direction at all, but it's something to consider, if you think you might try to add stuff at some point.
wheebz said:
the only thing that worries me about the whole gangster thing is Speakeasy Brewing Company

their whole identity is gangster prohibition type stuff

You're not copying their look or name, just alluding to an era, so I don't see that as a legal problem. As long as the looks are significantly different - and they are, at this point - I don't think you'd have a problem from a typical customer making an association, either.

This is just going to be a logo that will be on every bottle, but the bottles will have individual pieces of artwork on them, which is why I think number 1 and 2 will draw people away from the actual label design. They almost seem like too much for me.

I agree with number 4, a friend of mine said he liked it, but that the font had to change to something different, such as these

http://www.dafont.com/new-press-eroded.font

1. Now I actually thought the door was a garage door but I get the Speakeasy thing. Boss is right the high dot on the i has to go.

2. meh!

3. Ok, but still too Artsy Fartsy

4. I like these, how the Hop or Apple is worked into the design and the scroll word is cool not so swirly as it is in #3.

Have you thought about Collusion Brewery since it rhymes? Instead of Tap Works? Collusion Brewery I like the way it sounds.

Well if that is trademarked honestly you will probably have issues with tap works since it is still in the category of beer, better seek legal advice there. If you already did, cool.

Hmm it's a toss up between 3 and 4 for me. I agree on no for 2 certainly. 

I like the incorporation of the hops or apple in the logos. .. .leaning toward 4 I think

1. I like the looks of this one but honestly the c not being capitalized doesn't look right. Looks weak in my mind.

2. Is a big no for me.

3 I like the boldness of it and I really like the hop and the apple. There is a sort of tacky "tribal tattoo" element that's a little cliche. I have a feeling you could find 15 other logos that look just like it.
4 is really cool, but I agree about the font. Something is not quite right. Again though, I like the hop and apple. I agree with Geeme though that they need a little improvement on the drawing.

My vote is #4. I think with the right font it will be the best and most unique. With a little retooling and a capital C though I would possibly vote for #1

How about a vintage mugshot look.

Your logo could be the black board they hold up or is sometimes around their neck. COLLUSION on it, and TAP WORKS under it, instead of the number and city. Different silhouettes (or dark figures) holding it up each bottle so the beer info can go over it. So the logo itself is just the sign you can use on its own, that never changes, but the person changes per bottle holding it.

Just brainstorming...

Collusion is a cool name. I think crime, booking, black and white... so vintage mugshots come to mind.

Random comments as I looked at the logos-

Like the name and implication of collusion

#2 definiely NOT

I also thought of a Speakeasy door for #1 but wasn't quite sure.
I don't like TapWorks above the name collusion.  As (geeme?) said, is the name TapWorks Collusion or Collusion Tapworks. 
Definitely agree that Collusion needs to be capitalized.
Maybe #1 could capitalize collusion, then orient the rest of the letters UP and put tapworks below.
Do not like "peddlers of craft brews".  Peddlers has a negative connotation, like you're gypsies or the tinker with a cart traveling from town to town.  Maybe could be reworked to something like "purveyors of small batch artisan brews".  But even that seems like it should be on the Romance Panel...not the front label. 
#3 could work, I like the bold lettering- make a B/W label with a simple swirl for the main label, then add the hop and apple for the others. 
Apple does need work, it does look tomato-ish.  Look at Red Delicious apples, make it more slim on the bottom, not so round, give it a couple bumps on the bottom, and a bit more of a dip on the top.  Maybe a leaf...maybe not....

Very happy to hear you're getting to the next step!  Can't wait to hear of the grand opening!  Remember, we want pics!
xoxo

Back