Kitchen Gadget Deals

SavinaRed said:
Dang that Cinder looks like a great gadget to have.

I pre-ordered last holiday when they lowered it from $300 to $250 ...

I got an email the other day letting me know that it would go on sale for $179 throughout the coming weekend, and that I could spend the $70 on accessories from their store during those 4x days ...

You could get a refund too, but you move to the back of the queue - which I'm not interested in ... so I'll get some extra plates =)

:cheers:
Last year, at this time, it was the Searzall ...

Man, I love the shit out of that thing ...

Grant -I did get you note about the cinder a few days back, I didn't have much time before I had to leave for work and haven't thought about it again until I saw you post just now. 

I have them in my cart to research the very same thing, later, after I go to the grocery store!

I kind of resent CI maintenance and will probably go w/ the former ...

If the cast iron is already seasoned I would order it that way. Does anyone know when they will be shipping them ?

SavinaRed said:
If the cast iron is already seasoned I would order it that way. Does anyone know when they will be shipping them ?

From my email, having already purchased one some months ago now ...

When does Cinder ship again?
Cinder shipment is based on the time of pre-order and the first orders are targeted for Father's Day. (Note these dates apply to the US; international shipments are expected to take longer due to additional customs and regulations.)

What are the Cyber Monday details?
On Cyber Monday (November 30) only, Cinder will be available for pre-order for $179 (instead of $249). Applicable taxes and shipping will be added during checkout (US pro-tip - we are only required to collect sales tax in California).

What if I miss it?
This is a special offer only valid during a specific timeframe. That's Nov 27-29 for your special discount code, and Nov 30 for the $179 pre-order with limited quantity. (Timezone is PST)

Why are you offering this?
It's always been our dream to get Cinder into as many homes as possible, and we know that price has been a barrier for some. We have solved some engineering challenges and made progress on production, which gives us confidence that we can provide a limited quantity of units at this price.

Is there a chance Cinder won't ship?
We've poured our lives into this for the last few years because we truly believe it will improve the way you cook forever, and we won't stop until we make that a reality. We have the financial resources and experience to ship, and our supporters include well known Silicon Valley investors and Y Combinator. We post production updates in our blog, and you can find many articles which validate that Cinder's amazing cooking performance is real.

Whoa, Father's Day 2016 is June 19th.
I will have burnt a lot of steaks/hamburgers and under-cooked a bunch of chicken by that time.

I am guessing we have to visit their site between Nov 27-29 to get a discount code
Then place an order on Monday, the 30th.

I am wondering if they actually charge your credit card at that time, or do they wait to charge your card until the unit ships?

My skeptical radar is beeping.
Maybe they should have gone on "Shark Tank" or GoFundMe.
Not sure about funding a product with pre-sale credit card payments.
Not sure if they go under, can you get your payment refunded?

Did you poke around? ... There's ample pedigree and press to cover the modest risk ($179), for me anyways, especially considering I took the bait at $250 ;)

I'm not sure if I paid or not to be honest, but I thought it was immediate ...

Looks like a pretty nice addition to the kitchen. It is just too impractical for me. The cooking plate is 10 x 10. That is just to small for more than 2 people.

I checked, I paid.
Looks like a pretty nice addition to the kitchen. It is just to impractical for me. The cooking plate is 10 x 10. That is just to small for more than 2 people.

That I agree with, but it doesn't apply in my reality, and Danielle doesn't often eat my food either =)

For you it will be perfect. Even if she was, I think it can prepare a meal for 2 people at most. You might even be able to get a bar pie on it. Their site said it gets up over 500f.

If I wasn't deep on brewing gear and kitchen shit, I'd get one of these:

http://www.bakingsteel.com/shop/baking-steel-griddle
For you it will be perfect. Even if she was, I think it can prepare a meal for 2 people at most. You might even be able to get a bar pie on it. Their site said it gets up over 500f.

Yup, it's a Griddler upgrade basically ...

Tempura shrimp, waffles, burgers ... for me, it's perfect ...

If or when my stone breaks I would consider that. I sent Danielle the link for the Thermapen and told her she can grab it for me for Christmas. She also asked if I wanted any "beer shit". Very tempting.

Where do you start, there? ... mash tun, probably ... and more SS pots for more burners ... concurrency!

Back