• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Variety you are most excited about for 2016

Haven't seen this thread pop up yet, it's always fun to see what everyone's interested in.

Doesn't have to be new or a cross or anything special. just what you are most excited to grow / eat / etc.

=============================================================

for me it's bubblegums. i tried to grow them in 2015 but didn't have much success so i'm excited to grow them and actually get some cool lookin fruits.

MOA bonnet, if I can get it to grow. A good buddy asked me to grow him a bunch for sauce making and now I'm curious to try the pods. All of my chinense varieties this year suffered severe heat damage and I got basically no production from them so I'm worried it just isn't possible for me because of my climate.

Also, rocotos. My husband is dying for some to enjoy.

+1 for bubblegum! I made a bunch of BBG7 crosses last season that I am really looking forward to growing out. And I have been collecting as many different colors and phenos I can get my hands on.

Just to name a few that I am really looking forward to growing next year are

Rasta frutegum
peachgum tiger
Peachgum tiger v2
orangegum tiger
redgum tiger

Some of the crosses I made that I look forward to growing out are my

Hot Rod Serrano x CBBG7
CBBG7 x CGN21566
pink tiger x CBBG7
PBR x CBBG7

The new varieties I am the most excited about trying would have to be the big black mama and the chocolate bhutlah... I have seen some people coming up with unreal pods from those.. I hope to get some nice phenotypes, as I understand they are somewhat unstable.

I just realized that I do have a Butch T x Primo from mojo peppers... could be similar to the BTR.  I just put in an order for some CPRs from Butch T himself... ty for the heads up :party:

Sticking with what works when it comes to hot-Zimbabwe bird for fresh and powder and Bhut Jolokia X de Neyde for powder. Exciting next year will be new sweet peppers- Pink Habanero and Aji Dulce Margariteno. I'm even more pumped about Mexican Annual Teosinte a wild ancestor of domesticated corn. The odd always catch my attention

Back