• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! 2-Course Curry Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
LAST TD OF 2015!

2-COURSE CURRY!

This will be a two course affair and one course has to be curry (the stew-like meal or anything "curried" wet or dry).

Any cuisine, from Thai, to Indian and Caribbean... any curry!

• One course must be curry/curried. Both can be.
  • The hot pepper ingredient requirement must be present in both courses.
  • You must enter two courses (max); amuse bouche, app, soup, salad, entree, dessert.
  • Both courses must be the same cuisine.
  • Both courses are one entry, with 5 pics max per course. That allows 10 pics in your final post.
  • Label your two courses.

CLICK: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
Title your entries, list all ingredients with measurements (where applicable) and cooking methods.
PoL: $1.10

(PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate.)
PIC ALLOWANCE: 5 per course
ENDS SUNDAY 11:59 PM EST

BEGIN!

dfv4w.jpg

Just to be sure, a lamb curry(maybe) and a dal (bean dish with curry elements) on one plate is two courses?

Alynne said:
Just to be sure, a lamb curry(maybe) and a dal (bean dish with curry elements) on one plate is two courses?

No a course is served before or after a course. Dal on the plate of lamb is an entree. If you have a dal appetizer in mind you can put in on a plate and maybe serve with a dipping bread (hint)... so you either have your courses here, or if that is your side dish, you need a course. ;)

2 courses max. :)
But those courses could have multiple things of course... ha of course. Like an app sampler, or a side dish with main course. Get it?

Man I thought this one was clear. They never are!!!!! :lol:

Ok, you just confused me with side dish. Sorry, long week, I'm really not a moron. Big bowl of curry, separate bowl of veg and or beans is 2 courses? I know bread and yogurt are not courses. Don't know if I should drink more or less or just go to bed and sleep on this whole thing. :)

So ... as usual, I need help not being the idiot who can't follow directions ...

Two and only two courses is the requirement ... both have to be the same cuisine, and both also have to use the same pepper/spice component ... but only one of the two rounds needs to be curry or curried ...

Alynne said:
Ok, you just confused me with side dish. Sorry, long week, I'm really not a moron. Big bowl of curry, separate bowl of veg and or beans is 2 courses? I know bread and yogurt are not courses. Don't know if I should drink more or less or just go to bed and sleep on this whole thing. :)
I'm not sure you understand what a course is. A 3 course meal would be soup (first), entree (second), dessert (third). BBQ chicken with corn and beans would be an entree, not 3 courses.

Your post should look like:

Course 1: Appetizer (Name)
(5 pics)
Ingredients, methods

Course 2: Entree (Name)
(5 pics)
Ingredients, methods

grantmichaels said:
So ... as usual, I need help not being the idiot who can't follow directions ...

Two and only two courses is the requirement ... both have to be the same cuisine, and both also have to use the same pepper/spice component ... but only one of the two rounds needs to be curry or curried ...

Yes but the pepper does not have to be the same. Both spicy is all. No non-spicy course but yes you got it.

Please tell me someone understood it???? ;)

grantmichaels said:

See, I'm not the only confused one.

It's just that my plan was meat curry, veg and or bean curry, bread and dip. This is taking a rethink that is hard to process on a Friday evening. I do understand courses, but generally find Indian/Asian meals to be many dishes presented at the same time. I will adapt.

LOL you can certainly serve and eat them at the same time just label one as the app or whatever the course is, so new plate, name for app, post... then entree on plate, name, same post... you are overthinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back