• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Veggie Burger

Danielle has threatened me w/ liking these for years now ...

9d03bb399587a339e999790224913952.jpg

Today, I caved and tasted it, after she likened it to a Southwest Egg Roll from Chili's ...

fb8284f2f09ef6e0bd866496ee673492.jpg

87ce369b66ae269a79aea7dd11fb5600.jpg

And then it happened ...

05f9081acf0991235257625ac1cbc494.jpg

Dressed perfectly w/ GC's Datil Catsup ...

:cheers:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I used the eat these with my now wife when we dated. She did not eat meat at the time then I started cooking steaks all the time...moral of the story is I have not had one it 12 years. :)

I like the way it tastes ...

It's nothing remotely close to a hamburger replacement, and it's not filling at all ...

That said, it's it's own thing, and with everything else in place, it was very tasty ... but more importantly, it accepts heat well ...

Next time I eat some, I'm going to open up the bottle of BLiS barrel-aged hot sauce ...

Alternating those against kobe burgers is probably how things will proceed, here ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Well 110 calories I needed to eat the box to get full :)

Yeah ... two double's and you are only at 440 in patties, probably 220-240 in a pair of buns, for 660-680, and the lettuce/tomato/purple onion to 700 ...

That's one burger, and has twice the lettuce, twice the tomato, and an order of magnitude more fiber ...

I'll keep them ...
Other key factor, no cheese/dairy ... so no lactaid issue etc ...

There's 2 ways to eat a veggie burger:

1) Meat replacement. Had a veggie burger with sundried tomato ketchup on brioche that was very good and reminiscent of a beef burger.
2) Enjoy it as something else and don't compare. Had a quinoa burger made with quinoa and roasted veg that is a handmade patty, with pickled onions and stuff on it, hot sauce, etc, and is very good. Would never compare it to beef, it just is what it is. More people need to eat this way. Not all burgers are trying to replace beef. And narrow minded people are missing out on good sandwiches, oh well, more for us. ;)

It's true, it stands on it's own merit.

It's tasty all unto itself ... and a much better flavor profile for piggybacking heat onto than a burger, IMO ...

No, it's not a kobe patty, but I don't need it to be one 66 or 75% of the time, probably ...

I'll eat the bean one's until I *really* want a real one, and then I'll have one guilt-free for all the bean one's I've had since the last kobe one ...

And, in all honesty, it's a lot easier to genuinely appreciate the Good Eats if you've recently been eating light ...

I like the range and experiencing a variety, myself ...

I'll be looking forward to trying some salsa, and maybe a schmear of sour cream ... or like, a little chipotle aioli or something ... yum!

It is the best morning star product, the bacon and sausage....not so much

It's the only one I've ever liked, but I'd be lying to say it's not tasty ...

Back