• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Where's Judy

I know Judy said she was not going to be selling pods this year and her lack of presence was indeed very much noticed. She also has not even been online since "Last Active Offline Jul 14 2015 08:34 AM".

Not like her to be so absent for so long.

CAPCOM said:
I know Judy said she was not going to be selling pods this year and her lack of presence was indeed very much noticed. She also has not even been online since "Last Active Offline Jul 14 2015 08:34 AM".

Not like her to be so absent for so long.
Interesting that I just came across this.  I was in chat earlier and a newcomer mentioned that he was unable to order seeds on her site.  Her site is up.  It is a little slow, but there are seeds available, although I didn't try and order anything.

I hope she is OK.

I was suspicious and have been since the announcement came out that she was not selling pods this year.

That was me you were talking too Dragon.  The website looks all functional but try buying some seeds, it is on the fritz and just keeps asking for my address over and over. /shrug

twiasp said:
That was me you were talking too Dragon.  The website looks all functional but try buying some seeds, it is on the fritz and just keeps asking for my address over and over. /shrug
You still have plenty of time to start seeds for next season.  As I said in chat, head over to the Vendor Vault to get some ideas for alternative sellers:

http://thehotpepper.com/forum/117-vendor-vault/

There are some great international sellers, but you might want to stay away from them now, as U.S. customs is being a pain in the ass with seeds coming in.

For now, I am recommending John Ford (I apologize to all the other great domestic vendors here that I am not mentioning—I just want to give twasp a solid idea).  He has a good selection.  He is reliable and and his seeds have a great germination rate:

http://www.fordsfieryfoodsandplants.com/

Hello Board moderators - I know that this isn't the Vendor vault forum—I'm just trying to help this newcomer out as he doesn't know where to get seeds.

I got an email from her last week saying new seeds would be available later this month. I also was told before that the new seeds would be available in November. So who knows? I was hoping to try some new Turkish varieties this year. I ended up ordering some seeds elsewhere . I liked ordering from Judy she always gave you your moneys worth.

Another thing I noticed this year was there were no pod reviews of her new strains, like the Devil's brain, heart, horn, Mustard Moruga (her version), etc... I'm assuming she didn't send any out for review to folks like Nigel, Smokin' James, Bill Moore, and others.

I was able to order and receive seeds from her site in November. She was out of a variety that the web site listed as available and had allowed me to buy and the auto system sent confirmation of purchase.
Shipping was still very fast as others have mentioned before.
I do hope all is well with her.

Yeah, I noticed she had been missing when I placed an order with her and was trying to contact her about it...  I hope she is alright.

Ordered maybe a month ago, site worked, shipping was fast, seeds were all right ones, got extra.  Clear cookies.  Clear cache. Try again.

Ordered some seeds from her site not a week ago. Everything went through fine and the status currently says shipped. I will update when I get them...

snottyfox said:
Ordered some seeds from her site not a week ago. Everything went through fine and the status currently says shipped. I will update when I get them...
Judy usually has a more prominent presence on this forum, that has been lacking for what is becoming a chronically long time. Ordering seeds from her site has been reported to be with little incident but posting and releases of new pods and seed is negate.

Judy usually has a more prominent presence on this forum, that has been lacking for what is becoming a chronically long time. Ordering seeds from her site has been reported to be with little incident but posting and releases of new pods and seed is negate.

I see, well I hope she is doing well regardless.

However, I did notice that the site had less seeds to offer than last year... I ordered around the same time.

someguy said:
Seeing how today is the last day of the year. You do the math.
Ok, Allow me the rephrase, in order to make my question more clear then.
Is that supposition or fact based on Intel that you have received either from Judy or her site indicating such. You seemed to be illistrating some form of statement with affermation.

That was just my read though. I thought something wasn't right when she was not offering pods for sale this year. Especially after the video hype of her Lavas and chocolates.

CAPCOM said:
Ok, Allow me the rephrase, in order to make my question more clear then.
Is that supposition or fact based on Intel that you have received either from Judy or her site indicating such. You seemed to be illistrating some form of statement with affermation.

That was just my read though. I thought something wasn't right when she was not offering pods for sale this year. Especially after the video hype of her Lavas and chocolates.
Ok. I made the following statement "Well it doesn't look like any new seeds from Judy this year.". Seeing how today is the last day of This Year.I thought It would be safe to assume that we won't be seeing any new seeds offered This Year. Plus in previous communications via seperate emails I was told new seeds would be available on the website in November and was told again they would be available in December. With that being said I don't think we will be seeing any new seeds This Year. I could be wrong. I have been wrong many times in the past.

I was hoping to add some new Turkish varieties to my grow list this year. I am a big Judy fan. She has a great selection, great prices,fast shipping, and she is just great to do business with. Someone had posted earlier this year the reason for her not selling pods is because of a late frost. I can not either confirm or deny that. That is just what I had read.

Tomorrow is a New Year and hopefully we will be seeing some new seed offerings soon.

I'll buy that in part. Except knowing Judy and her business etiquette in addition to her access to the forum, some form of personal announcement would be much more acceptable than the blackout now present. There is a deep seated concern that becomes evident when a well known and received presence is suddenly absent for an extended spell without a known cause.

CAPCOM said:
I'll buy that in part. Except knowing Judy and her business etiquette in addition to her access to the forum, some form of personal announcement would be much more acceptable than the blackout now present. There is a deep seated concern that becomes evident when a well known and received presence is suddenly absent for an extended spell without a known cause.
That may be so , but orders are continued to be filled so that would indicate that she or someone else is manning the ship. With that being said I would think if something needed to be announced they would announce it.

Anyway.. I guess things are the way they are until things change.

Back