auction Aji Jobito Charity Auction Benefit for Fig

SmokenFire

Staff Member
Business Member
Just in time for Christmas I am releasing the last of the Aji varieties sent to me by Lindberg Figueroa from Venezuela.  All proceeds will benefit Fig and his family.  The Aji Jobito has been the subject of several threads here at THP, and Nigel called it "The best tasting non-hot C. Chinense ever!"  Here's more from Nigel:
Here are pics of the varieties in the auction:

Aji Jobito

21181-MLV20204468672_112014-O.jpg

another pic:

AjiJovitoDelaney.jpg

Aji Pepon:

aji-dulce-venezolano-en-industria-alimentaria-3016122___5283_Reasells.JPG

Aji Llaneron:

semillas-de-aji-dulce-llaneron-13599-MLV35156787_2654-O.jpg

Aji Rosita Yellow (can't find the red):

7000-semillas-certificadas-de-aj-dulce-rosta-lata-25gramos-2034-MLV3809423329_022013-O.jpg

Aji Margariteno:

AjiMargarite%C3%B1o4.jpg

The seeds (when they first arrived):

2uhlgn6.jpg

Each packet will contain 25 seeds of the six different varieties.  NOTE:  These are SWEET peppers, not hots!  More information, including pics of seedlings from this seed stock as well as the unfortunate details on Fig's struggles to obtain food and medicine for his ailing daughter can be found here.  It's a long thread but well worth the read.  

I have 2 lots of the seeds left and I'm selling them as grouped batches; you can't get just the jobito.  The top two bids will each win 1 pack of twenty five of each of the above seeds.  I will also include some of my own Dee Roo products in each pack.  From spice blends to regular rotation hot sauces to limited run test batches - the more you bid = the more stuff you'll get.

The auction will end Monday December 28th and I'll ship the seed and all bonuses on Tuesday 12/29.  

We've done a lot around here lately.  I'd like to do a little more to help out another of our friends in need and spread some rare and tasty genetics and Dee Roo stuff in the process.  If you have any questions or need further information feel free to PM me.  Thank you!

:D   

Awsome!  Thanks for your bids!!  Remember the TWO highest bids will win the auction.  Since we've hit $50 I am going to add sample packs of my Stardust, Hot Curry and DruBQ seasoning blends, as well as one bottle of your choice of hot sauce.  If bids continue to increase I'll add more.  :)

D3monic said:
Who ever wins this feel free to send me a few jobito beans. They look tasty  :P

I agree the Jobito's are exciting. But check out the Margariteno's, I bet when you look at that pic yer thinking a yellow and a red pheno, huh? NOT! They go from green to true yellow to true red. IMO that's just bad fricken ass. I'm even more excited about them, than the Jobito's.

Dru, have you heard from Lindberg  lately?

If he is still using the PayPal account I'd like to just send him something.  I've though of that often buy just never gotten it done.   If he would not mind you just posting his PayPal info perhaps some others would offer some help as well.  I already have the seeds so I'd rather someone else get to buy them.

We could "cash mob" him and maybe make a bit of a difference in their difficult lives.  It wouldn't need to be much from anyone, just a little from each.

hogleg said:

I agree the Jobito's are exciting. But check out the Margariteno's, I bet when you look at that pic yer thinking a yellow and a red pheno, huh? NOT! They go from green to true yellow to true red. IMO that's just bad fricken ass. I'm even more excited about them, than the Jobito's.

Where can I get some of them?

cone9 said:
Dru, have you heard from Lindberg  lately?

If he is still using the PayPal account I'd like to just send him something.  I've though of that often buy just never gotten it done.   If he would not mind you just posting his PayPal info perhaps some others would offer some help as well.  I already have the seeds so I'd rather someone else get to buy them.

We could "cash mob" him and maybe make a bit of a difference in their difficult lives.  It wouldn't need to be much from anyone, just a little from each.

Dave,

The last message I got from Fig thanked me for the money from the seed sales and let me know he'd been able to get to the doctor for his daughter.  His access to internet has been sporadic at best.  I know things have not improved in Venezuela, so I suspect that might be the trouble.  He is still at that paypal addy as my last payment sent about a month ago or so was accepted.  

Any - literally any - funds sent to that address will be of great help.  :)

TOP TWO CURRENT BIDS - 

Midwestchilehead - $70 and Hogleg - $75

Since we have reached another plateau I am going to add three MORE sample packs of my seasoning blends:  Tail of the Comet, Hot Curry and Cluck U! along with a bottle of my test batch #6 Sweet Creep.  Each winning bidder will now get the aforementioned seeds along with 6 sample packs of seasoning and two bottles of hot sauce.  

Thank you THP.  I am humbled by your generosity.  :D

Back