• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2016 Grow

I'm still working out my grow list, and will start most of my seeds in a couple weeks. I have started a few early, and have some growing in hydro and potting mix. Here are four over winters from this past year; 7-Pot Rennie Chocolate, Devil's Heart, Bahamian Goat and Peach Bhut.

qPfZvFul.jpg

Most recent pic of my hydro setup. Maxibloom nutes under 400 watt CMH. I'm going to probably switch to Masterblend/Calcium Nitrate/Epsom Salt blend at some point when the Maxi runs out. This is mostly for starting, I'm going to setup 2 buckets with one plant each that I'll try to grow out larger.

There's a mix of BBM, Caramel Moruga, Jamacian Hot Choc., Hot Fingers and Large Orange Thai currently.

pxYvYpXl.jpg

Here're two that I took out recently and transplanted to potting mix.

The one on the left is Caramel Moruga Scorpion, and other is Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The JHC is about a week behind the C. Moruga.

vYFO3sHl.jpg

The C. Moruga is in a Rapid Rooter plug
9uYU0qVl.jpg

The J. Hot Choc. is in rock wool.
t2kYlUGl.jpg

After transplant.
J9g1RCrl.jpg

Here're a couple that'll go into the hydro bucket soon. These are growing under my cheap Wal-mart LED bulbs. They seem to work well for the sprouts.

Genghis Khan's Brain
s9ZzeFDl.jpg

Peach Bhut
qCC02Bhl.jpg

So far what I've started and/or have germinating as of now is:
Big Black Mama
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Jamaican Hot Choc.
Hot Fingers
Large Orange Thai
Peach Bhut
Genghis Khan's Brain
Superhot Beast
Trinidad Hornet
Monkey Nipples
Sarit Gat
Choc BrainStrain
Apocalypse Scorpion
Reaper
Orange Thai SSE
Unknown Reaper X
I Scream Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion
Chocolate Primo Reaper
BTR Scorpion
Sugar Rush Peach
Mayan Love Pepper
MA Wartyx Variant
Kraken Scorpion
Bhut Assam

Oh, I got this the other day too, to help monitor the nutes. I didn't realize how big this thing was until I got it. From seeing product pics, I thought it would be ink pen size. I like it a lot.

VxnUtQql.jpg

Plantguy76 said:
Awesome list Peter & pics!
I am interested in the Trinidad Hornet & this Monkey Nipples don't know anything about them but have seen them in some people list.

Thanks Plantguy.

I can't find a direct link to the Trinidad Hornet, but it's on this page, just scroll down a ways and you'll see it.

Edit: I ran the description from Semilas site through Google Translate and got this. It was originally in German:

From Trinidad X - Strain project emerged variant with wrinkled , elongated pods . Current state is F4 , that even variations may occur . Super hot and aromatic , Capsicum chinense

trinidad_hornet.jpg

Here's some info on Monkey Nipples.

Looking forward to growing both.

Quick update, I transferred two more from hydro to potting mix.

Caramel Moruga Scorpion on left and BBM on right. The BBM has just a neoprene collar. It was a lot easier to get out than one with hydroton.

HafDionl.jpg

Closeup of C. Moruga
YRXHKOfl.jpg

BBM
7Y4ZJtRl.jpg

Potted up. I'm using big syrofoam cups this year instead of solo cups. They're a little bigger and probably insulate better.
9fPrYE3l.jpg

juanitos said:
hah wow i didn't know they were that large
good luck with the grow.. seems like you are already halfway started =]
Thanks! Yeah they are growing really fast in the hydro and under the new light. I'm working out a staging system from seedlings to under walmart leds, moving to hydro when they're big enough, then transplanting to cups under t-8s. This has been working as long as I do small batches at a time. I just added a new rack and more t-8s since the CMH light has taken over my first rack. I was able to fit 3 Utilitech t-8 fixtures side by side on one 18" x 48" shelf. The Utilitech fixtures are much narrower than other 4 ft shop lights. I'm also building 2 hydro buckets for my largest BBM and JHC. I'll keep the multi-site bucket going for the smaller plants.

QfmlYNsl.jpg

qdN5MvUl.jpg

hqL2vg4l.jpg

b9PmlICl.jpg

Trident chilli said:
Great looking plants Peter with some impressive roots ... all the best

heefy said:
Very nice

Thanks!

Started germing these on the 29th. Still haven't sorted out my official list for 2016. Some of these came from the Scorched Seed Train, some from coachspencerx, others from other trades and purchases.

Orange BrainStrain
Red BrainStrain
Guyana Tragedy (PI 238046)
Aji Charapita
Prik Kee Noo
Cereja da Amapi
Reaper x Moruga F2
Trinidad Dog Brown
Carbonero F4
Black Fatalii
Black Naga
Cheiro Recife

The Guyana Tragedy I got from the Scorched Seed Train. I only took one, as there were just three in the bag, I think from a previous run of the train. Hopefully it will germinate. If it grows I'll try to get isolated seed and share back with the community.

Believe it or not, my wife consented to me bringing the rack with t-8s up to the kitchen. They were too much for the circuit in the basement with the hid. Easier to keep an eye on them now and ambient temp should be a little better too. Those still under the hid in the basement should get plenty of heat from the light.

I moved my biggest BBM and Jamaican Hot Choc to their own hydro buckets today. I should have done it sooner as the BBM roots were starting to get tangled.

Not sure if it will help, but I wire tied some 1/2" pvc to the net pot as a future support base. In retrospect I see that I screwed up already by not drilling a hole in the bottom of the pipes and securing them to the bottom of the net pot. I can see these will eventually pull out and be hard to get back in. At some point I'll probably drill holes around the overhanging part of the bucket top and secure the net pot to the bucket better, maybe using bungee cords.

Some pics.
w5Hvjm3l.jpg

Before transplant
NIRYVSJl.jpg

BBM
2aaLRVMl.jpg

2jxLCeDl.jpg

JHC
y0kzq9Ll.jpg

e2saX5Nl.jpg

Now the smaller ones in the multi site bucket will get light again. I need to transpant three out of that tomorrow, and add back in two or three smaller ones.
ooFozYal.jpg

I PH adjusted the water for the new buckets but didn't add ferts yet. I'm going to gradually up those back over the next few days.

Some that I've transplanted from hydro to 20 oz cups.

eJHBxs6l.jpg

Top view
cW3JRtQl.jpg

Another BBM
Rh3elO2l.jpg

2 annuums that I shouldn't have started so early, saved seed from last year's grow.

LOT
Qv5aoqvl.jpg

Hot Fingers
CBCM1twl.jpg

A few starting in the multi site hydro
ZLVfL0Bl.jpg

Made a ferment last night with some of last (and year before) pods
LoVL09Wl.jpg

It's mostly just white, yellow and orange from MOA's, Yellow Brain, Baha Goat, Peach and White Congo, White Fatalii and Yellow Jellybean. For the lacto food I added garlic, carrots and persimmon. 

qnyEQE2l.jpg

The ones I moved to under the t8s are starting to fill out more.

tuC8n35l.jpg

Some BBMS here

COjIPbbl.jpg

zlQTdrOl.jpg

Rstd3Hfl.jpg

Hot Fingers

ReDXJ3ll.jpg

A few of the babies, once they get big enough, they'll move to the hydro for a while

jG80JMWl.jpg

Peach Bhut

1QNbBfpl.jpg

Genghis Khan's Brain

K6n7XNul.jpg

Monkey Nipples

w1qyu89l.jpg

I started germing these in paper towel/bags tonight after soaking for 24 hours in diluted Chamomile tea.

SbAshIIl.jpg

Kpako Shito - Scorched Seed Train, fiogga?
Maraba X - Yellow/Orange rounded pheno - Self Saved 2015
Maraba X - Orange pointed pheno - Self Saved 2015
7-Pot Primo - Troy Primeaux
TSM Yellow - Semillas
TSM RRC-420 - Scorched
Douglah T X - John Ford
Bhutlah Brown SLP - Semillas
West Indies Red, CARDI - Juanitos
Moruga Red, CARDI - Juanitos
MOA Scotch Bonnet, CARDI - Juanitos
Scorpion Red, CARDI - Juanitos
Scorpanero Peach - Scorched / Seed Train