• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's Bonnets 2016

Once again it's that time of year ... sowing miss labelling and no shows. Thank you to all that have helped me find new and obscure bonnets and hybrids. This forum generosity has been staggering and the Christmas Cards across the pond full of seed have worked well in both directions ... clone tent cleaned T5's dusted off

Firstly the usual suspects

Elysium Oxide - Mustard
Elysium Oxide - Rust
ScotchBrain F4 - Meatfreak
NeBru7
Trinidad SB x 7pot
SB Foodarama Red
SB Foodarama Yellow
MoA Yellow
SB Jamaican Yellow
SB P. Dreadie
SB Peach
SB Atomic
SB7J
SB FreePort Orange
SB Allen Boatman

New for 2016

SB Saraga Orange Short Pheno - jcw10tc/Fiogga
SB Saraga Orange Long Pheno - Fiogga
SB Jamaica Orange Long - mpicante
SB Jamaica Orange Short - mpicante
SB Yellow CCN ( Cross Country Nurseries ) - mpicante/Mr Bigglesworth
SB x TSM x Red Annuum F2 - Fiogga
SB Chocolate x Black Naga - Heefy/PepperNorth
SB Yellow x Naga Morich - HotToddy
SB Yellow Foodarama x Yellow Fatalii - Dennish
SB Schneider Farm - Pulpiteer/Romy6
SB Caramel - Romy6
SB Jamaican Long - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Red - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Chocolate - Superhot Sim
SB MoA Red - Plantguy76
SB Stuffing - Plantguy76
SB Jamaica - Mr Bigglesworth
SB x UBSC Red - Heefy
SB7J Yellow F1 - Romy6
SB7J Select - Steve Queen
2SB7J F1 - SB7J x MoA - Steve Queen
Neyde x SB7J - Chili Riot
Pimenta Leopard x SB7J
Obeah F2 - MoA x Reaper - Steve Queen
SB Mystery possible x BG - HotToddy
PA 353 - look alike Bonnet - Fiogga

Having successfully grown Borg9, UBSC Brown and Yaki last season I thought I would again grow a few hotties after a lot of thought I have chosen four ... Aji Jobito x BBG7 - Fiogga (Sandra) ... alot has been said about Aji Jobito all good things ... seed from Joe Delaney and BBG7 from Chris Phillips - would be nice if everyone included a seed/variety in this year's grow of Chris's

I am sure Sandra would not mind me posting her photograph

Well we have all heard and seen the great work "Medecins Sans Frontiers" do around the world especially in war torn areas. Sandra's daughters partner is part of Doctors Without Borders and probably whilst her daughter might say "take care" Sandra may say "If you see a chilli grab it" .. I love a story so my second hottie is simply another of hers named "DWB Columbia Red with tail"

Finally third and fourth choice "Arkansas Peach" a Sawyer Reaper variation I understand - Pulpiteer ... Moruga x Douglah - Snagglepus ... Knowing me there may well be more ... thank you for looking

ha! that's the same way I mail xmas cards of seeds. I see it's becoming popular lol. 

Best of luck!  Are you sticking with mostly bonnets again this year then?

az1000 said:
Good luck.
Thanks Nicolau
Essegi said:
After trying MoA i well understand the love for Bonnets!
Good luck!
The MoA is one of my all time Scotch Bonnets in heat and flavour ... everyone should at sometime give it a try
grispa72 said:
I was waiting for this glog for sure! And here it is!
Paolo
Cheers Paolo first seeds went in the propagator this morning
Genetikx said:
Here's to another great bonnet grow in '16!
Thank you but a lot of thanks go to those on this forum that have helped me source new varieties for this season ... who would have that that an International grocery store in Indiana would have made my list ... following in the theme of Foodarama

D3monic said:
ha! that's the same way I mail xmas cards of seeds. I see it's becoming popular lol. 

Best of luck!  Are you sticking with mostly bonnets again this year then?
My first card was a Halloween Card from Pulpiteer in Michigan ... I started the Christmas cards in November and covered them in Christmas greeting stickers which helped I am sure getting past your customs ... I only have one that I sent still somewhere in the system but it's hopefully now in San Salvador ...

Sticking with bonnets for the third year but have some good hotties as well

Will be following your crossing thread hoping to see a bonnet cross one day

All the very best to you for 2016

Trident chilli said:
My first card was a Halloween Card from Pulpiteer in Michigan ... I started the Christmas cards in November and covered them in Christmas greeting stickers which helped I am sure getting past your customs ... I only have one that I sent still somewhere in the system but it's hopefully now in San Salvador ...

Sticking with bonnets for the third year but have some good hotties as well

Will be following your crossing thread hoping to see a bonnet cross one day

All the very best to you for 2016

I tried multiple times to get teh moa bonnet and baha goat to cross but they didn't want to cooperate. I will try again this year. 

Plantguy76 said:
John what are your thoughts on the scotch bonnet bell cross ?
They are on John ford site & f2
Jason a couple of seasons ago I managed to get some SB x Bell seed from Vladan - Rainbow Chillies - typical British weather stopped the pods growing to the size I wanted although the shape was pretty good. Ideal for those with a low heat tolerance and great for stuffing with cheese. I haven't seen John Ford's but mine were yellow as seen below

Trident chilli said:
Jason a couple of seasons ago I managed to get some SB x Bell seed from Vladan - Rainbow Chillies - typical British weather stopped the pods growing to the size I wanted although the shape was pretty good. Ideal for those with a low heat tolerance and great for stuffing with cheese. I haven't seen John Ford's but mine were yellow as seen below

How was the taste?

Trident chilli said:

John here is a pic form John Ford site of the second generation Scotch Bonnet X Bell

FreeportBum said:
Great list. Any info you could give me on the SB Freeport orange? Cheers
Last year I sourced this variety from a forum member - Meatfreak - tasty-peppers NL as immature pods the colour was brilliant a really light pink as the pods matured they turned orange

Unfortunately I never achieved the phenotype displayed on his web site but British weather can be fickle so heat and humidity we did not get enough. On my list this season again

As the pods were small I cannot give a true reflection on heat/taste
coachspencerxc said:
How was the taste?
Rick to be honest nothing to shout about ... my wife has a low tolerance and she was happy
Plantguy76 said:
John here is a pic form John Ford site of the second generation Scotch Bonnet X Bell
Jason sorry I cannot get the image

Back