Pepper Joe's

[SIZE=17.5pt]Hi!  I wanted to introduce myself as the new owner of Pepper Joe's.  I'd be happy to respond to ideas and questions here in the Vendor Vault.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=23.3333px]Specific questions about orders are best sent to our inbox:  customerservice@pepperjoe.com .  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=23.3333px]Many thanks, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=23.3333px]PepperJo[/SIZE]

For reference, this is what I posted to the Intro Forum: 

You may have heard that Joe Arditi retired from Pepper Joe’s business. Allow me to confirm that rumor. He sold Pepper Joe’s to my husband and me this summer. We consider ourselves so lucky to have joined the hot pepper growing community. We've seen the passion, generosity, and kindness exemplified by "the good chilehead," and it's something we admire. We hope to bring our own contribution to that community.

What can you expect from Pepper Joe’s now that we own it? Well, to be completely honest, we're still sorting that out. Buying a 25 year old pepper seed business brings many things of which to be proud (worldwide customer base, 80k followers on Facebook, and top 30 ranking on Dave’s Garden).  We're aware of the mixed reviews Pepper Joe's has received at times, and we aspire to earn more positive trust and momentum going forward. 

To that end, my name is Laura Jo, or "PepperJo." I'm a mom of three young kids, so you won’t see us posting anything that I’m not comfortable with them seeing (well, there ARE the Peter Peppers). In essence, my husband and I choose to focus on the positive, because that's the kind of community we want our children to grow up in.

I am also a bit of a gadget-head, so we’ll being making some updates to our site www.pepperjoe.com over the next bit.  Please message me if you have ideas. 

We've always grown our businesses by partnering.  Pepper Joe’s has a terrific network of partner growers already, but I’d like for us to have more partners of all sorts in the future. If you have ideas to share, please don't hesitate to message me directly; we want to hear what you think.

So far, the chilehead community has been terrifically welcoming to me and my family. A certain crazy pepper guy down in Miami swears that THP won't be outdone in welcoming someone new. I want you to know how much we really appreciate the opportunity to earn your trust with Pepper Joe’s.  

Take care, 
Laura Jo
PepperJo on THP

This is already up to a great start, first post about a vendor in the Vault is the vendor themselves saying something like what you did Laura Jo :) It's very refreshing and I think a great start to the new venture of yours, since like Wicked Mike and others have said, Joe's reputation could've stood to be a lot better, but this sort of thing is off to a wonderful start methinks :)

SadisticPeppers said:
This is already up to a great start, first post about a vendor in the Vault is the vendor themselves saying something like what you did Laura Jo :) It's very refreshing and I think a great start to the new venture of yours, since like Wicked Mike and others have said, Joe's reputation could've stood to be a lot better, but this sort of thing is off to a wonderful start methinks :)
Thank you SO much for the kind words.  Really appreciated SadisticPeppers.  

Congratulations and welcome to vendor community. I'm always looking for new reputable vendors, i appreciate your candor and willingness to address the pepper community directly. Look forward to ordering from you in the future. Good luck with all your endeavors. 

Wow I had no idea this had happened. Good for you and the former owners. I have been buying stuff from Pepper Joe for a couple years now.  That is a huge spot to fill!  

Back