• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

New Years Eve

I have always considered NYE amateur night, along with St. Patrick's day and Halloween. Prefer to stay home with good food, drinks and a loved one. Anyone else spending the end of the year cooking?

I am making use of the second half of the Christmas brisket with chili. No beans, no tomatoes, just beef, homemade chili powder, onions, chilies and Rogue Chocolate Porter.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There's a lot more loss using brisket instead of chuck. I hate to throw all the fat away but not sure what I would use rendered beef fat for. Save or throw?

SmokenFire said:
We're staying in as well.  Going to start with heirloom tomato soup, salad with beets and baby kale, crab spring rolls, mushroom ravioli, lamb chops over potato/celery root puree and then finish with an eggnog cake.  Each course highlighting things were grew in our garden!  :)
Wow! So much more ambitious than my simple chili. Sounds great!
SavinaRed said:
My brother caught some fresh rock fish anf ling cod so I'm having that for dinner tonight with a nice blended red wine. I'm one of those who also stays home away from the crowds on those holidays.
Love rockfish!
Meat browned, veggies sweating

image.jpeg

Added beer in to 300 oven.

image.jpeg

Scoville DeVille said:
Buffalo turds are Jalapeño Poppers. Also known as "Atomic Buffalo Turds"
Hi Alynne, I'm Scovie, nice to meet you! You look like you're one helluva cook, I dig it!

Get a syringe and stab it in your neck! Don't throw it away!
Thank you, good to see you here. Happy New Year!

I'm home cooking cherry stone clams, ( garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, shallots, thyme, butter and beer.)  Cheese, berries, salami, crackers.  Shrimp cocktail i cooked and homemade cocktail sauce.  Stout beer and Basil Hayden's bourbon.

Back