• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS GROWLOG FOR 2016

Well, 2016 is here now so it's time to put up my initial grow list(just the new seed).

2016 PEPPER SEED LIST(New Seeds)

Aji Brazilian Starfish (Buckeye)
Albanian Red Hot (PepperLover)
Antep Aci Dolma (Puckerbutt)
Big Bomb (Reimer Seeds)
Bob's Pickling (PepperLover)
Brazilian Starfish Yellow (Puckerbutt)
Bulgarian Carrot (Territorial)
Bulgarian Carrot (Seeds & Such)
Carolina Reaper (Buckeye)freebie
Chilluacle Negro (PepperLover)freebie
Colossal Hybrid Sweet Pepper (Gurneys)
Cracked Jalapeno (PepperLover)
Cracked Jalapeno (PepperNorth)
Cumra Cherry (PepperNorth)
Emerald Fire Jalapeno (Seeds & Such) freebie
Fireball Hybrid (Territorial)
Goat's Horn (PepperLover)
Grande Jalapeno (Reimer Seeds)
Guam Boonies (Reimer Seeds)
Haitain Goat (Puckerbutt)
Hot Beads (PepperLover) freebie
Jalachuan (Buckeye)
Jalapeno Apache (Buckeye)
Joe's Long Cayenne (Buckeye)freebie
Johnah's Yellow Brain (PepperLover)
Mexibell F2 (Buckeye)
Numex Big Jim (Reimer Seeds)
Numex Big Jim (Seeds & Such)
Numex Heritage Big Jim (Reimer Seeds)
Numex Jalmundo (Reimer Seeds)
Primo Jalapino Hybrid (Gurneys)
Princess Faten (PepperLover) freebie
Reaper (PepperLover)
Secret South African (Buckeye)
Superhot Beast (PepperNorth)
​Sweet Datil (PepperNorth) freebie
Tehrani (PepperLover) freebie
Telica F1 (Harris Seeds)
Tekne Dolmasi (PepperLover)
Time Bomb (Seeds &Such)

There will be a few from past saved seed but those have not been determined yet.

I am overwintering the two plants that I had growing in pots. I cut them back a bit and trimed the rootball to fit in smaller pots. This is how they looked in mid November.

This is how they looked today, seems they recently got the urge to take off!!

Butch T on the left and Devil's Brain on the right.

Here's a look at the outdoor grow area........
nothing is going to happen there for a while.

Now that's what I call a "pepper patch" ... two Numex Big Jim's ... are you entering the Chilli Galore longest Big Jim I hope you are. All the very best for 2016

Now that's what I call a "pepper patch" ... two Numex Big Jim's ... are you entering the Chilli Galore longest Big Jim I hope you are. All the very best for 2016

It's definately a go for the Big Jim contest, I will grow plants from a couple different vendors in search of the "winning pod". Those will not go into the "sand" patch, they'll be in 50L pots!

Nice, looks like you have a lot of room out there.  Good luck.  So far have managed to miss most of the snow here in IL.   A few small ones but melted pretty quickly.

There's a lot of room but the soil is sugar sand, basicly void of nutrients or the ability to hold them. Last year intermittant heavy rains kept leeching my nutes out/down so my inground crop pretty well sucked. I had the two in 50L pots that did awesome. I will use a few more of those pots this year along with the inground.

I just assembled my new 50L Air-Pots(3 as a present from the wifey). I'm really excited to try them out and see if they work as advertised. I'm going to put my two over-winter plants in two of them. For the last one I'll pick out something on my list and grow one in it, another in a standard 50L nursury pot, and a third one in my sand ground and see how they compare! It should be a good season long experiment.
Here's pics of the Air-Pots:

Link to the Air-Pot website:

Those pots look straight out of Event Horizon's design book - cool as hell though!

Nice plants b0ss, looking forward to more.

I have heard a lot about those post, really curious to the final results of the different pots. Do you have any prior experience with those pots? If so, how did you like them? 

AyeCasperJack said:
I have heard a lot about those post, really curious to the final results of the different pots. Do you have any prior experience with those pots? If so, how did you like them? 
I don't have any previous experience with the Air-Pots. I saw them at a local store, checked them out and watched their videos here http://air-pot.com/garden/ and decided to try them out. I plan to pick a few similar plants and put 1 in an air-pot, 1 in a regular nursury pot, and 1 in the ground and see how they compare throughout the season.

Found a couple of droopy pepper plants on one of my grow shelves the other night.

These were two of the plants I was doing the Kratky thing with as an experiment, I should have checked on them sooner as they went dry on nutrient solution.

Here's the same plants about 10 hours later after adding more solution to the containers.

They have since been placed into 5 gallon buckets.

Is your kratky experiment going to stay small? I'm itching to throw a pepper in a 30 or 50 gallon trash can of nutes this summer to see what happens. Someone on the forum had a bhut that grew an enormous root system in the garbage can. So big that I wondered if the plant spent a lot of its energy growing roots instead of veg and pods...though he said he had a good harvest. I though about a smaller kratky with a float valve connected to a larger resevoir to keep the huge root grow in check and let the plant focus more on veg and pods.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56550-kratky-non-circulating-outdoor-hydroponics-fill-and-forget-2015/#entry1279157

Back