• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chilli Plant Issues

Hi there,

Hoping you can give me a few tips as to what's happening with my plants. Leaf spot and all the flower bud bits seem to look burnt or eaten. They just don't burst into flower. There isn't any sign of bugs or insects and I have them in a fly-screened greenhouse frame.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tom

(struggling to attach an image here...hopefully I can get one in shortly, whats the go with attaching images - it asks me for a URL)

You'll need to upload the pic to a photo hosting site like imgur.com, photobucket, etc... Then put the direct link within img brackets.

yourpic.jpg

If you click the image icon in the post header, and add your link to it, it'll add the img tags for you.

I'm not an expert by any means. There is an image shared here often about nutrient damages. It doesn't match any of those. From what I was able to dig up it looks like some sort of bacterial damage. The soil looks pretty soaked. Are you letting it dry out? Are you spraying any pesticide on the leaves? Idk how to go about fighting bacteria on plants but I'm hoping someone here can help get you on the right track.

Bacterial. Probably from too much moisture. Plants look very wet. Peppers hate a very moist growing medium. And if all that moisture is from rain your soil is probably highly acidic as well. This will prevent the plant from taking up the nutrients that help it stave of diseases like this.

Back