• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Hangover Cures Throwdown

VOTE!

• JayT - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58516-begin-hangover-cures-throwdown/page-4#entry1254797]P

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BigB - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58516-begin-hangover-cures-throwdown/page-5#entry1254901]H

• cypresshill1973 - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58516-begin-hangover-cures-throwdown/page-6#ent

• Alynne - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58516-begin-hangover-cures-throwdown/page-7#entry1255342

• geeme - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58516-begin-hangover-cures-throwdown/page-9#entry1255598]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Vote for what you think would make the best hangover meal for you.

A lot of times people vote for the best meal to them no matter the challenge, but for this one, I'd like you to please keep the challenge in mind. The results will be much more interesting, maybe we can find out what the #1 hangover food/drink really is!

VOTE!

d3monic_misunderstanding.jpg

D3 and SD were also quite appealing for a hungover breakfast, for me, making up my hungover top three ...

Ozzy, BigB, and D3 would be my sober top three ...

Great entries.  Loved the cheesesteaks and the BEC.  Divorcados also hit all the right notes for me.  That bfast skillet though; my hungover ass would straight jump right in.  :)

This TD might take some testing for me to come up with a winner. I'll get super drunk tonight and try them all out tomorrow morning.
     D3's sweet tater biscuits and gravy...mmm. Sweet and fluffy covered in salty and fatty = hangover cure for sure. And those tostadas look like something I could get down with no matter how rough I felt.
     Same with BigB's and JayT's cheesesteaks. I felt less hungover just looking at those. Perfect ballast for an abused stomach!
     Ozzy's fatties and D3's skillet look absolutely tasty, but (maybe I'm alone on this one) looked like too much for a surly stomach. I bet a plate of either one would ward off a hangover if eaten at about 3am after a night of getting Janis Joplin drunk, though.
     Tinnie's Baghdad eggs with mashed avocado on toast spoke to me from the beginning. I can't imagine looking at that plate and not getting hungry. Plus it looks healthy, too - even with a big pile of greasy bacon. I would destroy two plates of that and feel completely justified in washing it down with a tall glass of Pilsner Urquel. Now there's a hangover breakfast!
     Thanks to all entrants for the great ideas for my next "day after", and thanks for making it a really hard decision!

I also went with D3's skillet.  For me, breakfast is always the go to for a night after drinking.  I would park my sorry ass in front of that skillet and graze until I was ready to pass out, and sleep off the booze.  Great job!

There were a lot of these that I would mow down.  Great job by everyone!  This was a fun TD to participate in, and watch.

I had to go with my brother Scov. I've had a very similar plate he made and yes I had a hangover at the time. And it helped immensely.

:cheers:  Happy New Year everyone!! All great entries and given enough hangovers, I would grub them all. They ALL look delicious!! Well, except for Rymes cooking pic of "Huevos con Wiener"   :rofl:

I notice there's usually a bunch of last minute voters. Some people like voting for the under dog, others like voting for who they think is going to win. Sometimes I wonder if it is even on the subconscious level. Everyone wants to feel like thier vote counted and wasn't wasted. Though I'm sure plenty others just vote for who or what they think is best. This theory applies to most voting circumstances imo. Though it's just that. My opinion.
How often during elections do you hear, oh don't vote for him your just waisting your vote

D3monic said:
I notice there's usually a bunch of last minute voters. Some people like voting for the under dog, others like voting for who they think is going to win. Sometimes I wonder if it is even on the subconscious level. Everyone wants to feel like thier vote counted and wasn't wasted. Though I'm sure plenty others just vote for who or what they think is best. This theory applies to most voting circumstances imo. Though it's just that. My opinion.
How often during elections do you hear, oh don't vote for him your just waisting your vote

Everyone is different ... I like to go at it quickly, on my gut feeling, and feel like I wasn't influenced as much by the existing one's ...

I open all of the links in tabs ... remind myself what they were ... and then vote within like 30 seconds ...

Anyways, I know other people do it differently ... and some people even read the verbiage, I've heard! :shocked:

Ozzy2001 said:
I always try to vote according to what the parameters were. I've voted on something I didn't necessarily want to eat as much as something else because they followed the guidelines better.

This isn't Nam there are rules!

I have a rich history of disregarding the rules ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back