• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude season 2016

Long time no see. Year 2015 was a huge disappointment for me and got very few chilis, but i hope the coming season is much better this time around.

This is my chili list for the the season 2016, i am thinking of growing this time around. I have four overwintered plants from the last year: one Naga morich, two Petenero plants and one Caribbean antillas plant.

This is my growing list for this season:

-Naga morich
-Petenero
-Caribbean antillas
-Bonda ma jacques
-Fatalii
-Aji russian yellow
-Aji little finger orange
-Aji golden
-Aji benito
Aji lemon drop
-Guajillo

Plenty of new plants to try and some old varieties also, that works for me. :)

mpicante said:
Nice list.Hope you have a great season.Ive never tried it,but i hear the ani golden is a definite keeper.

Aji golden was the only chili, that produced something in the last year. No brainer, that i grow it in this year also.

Cool list... good luck with the grow this season!

Bonda ma Jacques is really tasty by the way.... mmm.
What does Caribbean antillas look like? Judging by the name they should be like a habanero of some sort ...

tsurrie said:
Cool list... good luck with the grow this season!

Bonda ma Jacques is really tasty by the way.... mmm.
What does Caribbean antillas look like? Judging by the name they should be like a habanero of some sort ...

They are dark red colored medium sized Habanero shaped chilis. The adult plant produced plenty of chilis under one of my led lights, when i saved one plant for overwintering.

All my other seeds have germinated and started to grow, but my Fatalii and Bonda ma jaqcues have not germinated in the rockwook after about 3 weeks, so i dont have much hope for them at this point.

As a precaution i put some Brainstrain yellow and Habanero golden to germinate, if those two will not make it. Brainstrain yellow was quick to germinate in about 3 days and i think the Habanero golden will soon follow.

Small plants grows fast under the led light. Bonda ma jacques, Fatalii and Habanero golden doenst seems to like to germinate at all, oh well i still have 19 plants left...  :eh: maybe i will survive a few plants less.

I like your optimism. I just finished scooping a winters worth of dog crap from the yard. My day can only go up from here.

Neil

All plants are very much alive and growing after topping them. Soon the plants will have to be re-potted and second led light will have to be put next to the another led light, because the plants are growing pretty fast and gaining size.

Today was the day for the start of my outside season:

Weather has been very warm lately and the 14 chili plants for this season went inside the greenhouse after hours of re-potting the plants to 9-10 litre air-pots. I had to put some frost cloth to cover the greenhouse, so that the chili leaves will not burn in the intense sun.

I have been observing lately, that the Aji russian yellow is much quicker to make pods, than the similar looking Aji lemon drop.

If all things go well and the Aji russian yellow is much quicker to mature the pods and tastes as good as the Aji lemon drop, it surely will become one of my to grow in the next season varieties.

Weather have started to warm up slowly, but needs a few more weeks to the start of the summer.

Aji russian yellow, pods are very much like in the Lemon drop:

Vs Aji lemon drop:

Guess what Aji plants will be the most productive in the long run? :woohoo:

Back