• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New setup

New setup, what are your thoughts, anyway I can make it better?

PFMPyOp.jpg

Vgy2Yxp.jpg

S1EgK5r.jpg

santis00 said:
Lights going to keep you up all night, or maybe it will just replace your nightlight
hahah I think I'm going to put up another piece of Mylar reflector in the front every night before I go to sleep!

alkhall said:
Do you have a timer for the light?
I'm going to get one haven't got it yet
Hawaiianero said:
Definitely use a fan if you gonna close it up tight.
if I put a fan inside do you think it would be too close to the plants or does it matter?
The top part has holes in it and doesn't have anything ontop would it be wise to put a little heater facing down towards the plants if it isn't hot enough ?

Good questions FF.
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. First thing you want is a thermometer, preferably one that shows you max and min temperature swings. Pepper plants are not happy with extended periods of time above 85deg. F. or below 65deg F.
They will still grow but you will tend to drop flowers before they pollinate.
In a closed box, lights will generate heat. A fan will keep air circulating (small fan in your case).
If the box gets too warm you can set the fan to blow cool air from outside the box while the lights are on.

You can find lots of indoor growing tips from the numerous cannabis sites online.

Hawaiianero said:
Good questions FF.
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. First thing you want is a thermometer, preferably one that shows you max and min temperature swings. Pepper plants are not happy with extended periods of time above 85deg. F. or below 65deg F.
They will still grow but you will tend to drop flowers before they pollinate.
In a closed box, lights will generate heat. A fan will keep air circulating (small fan in your case).
If the box gets too warm you can set the fan to blow cool air from outside the box while the lights are on.

You can find lots of indoor growing tips from the numerous cannabis sites online.
is it okay or should you keep the light on while germinating the seeds using paper towel method?

I keep them on paper towel in a Tupperware and keep them in a shirt drawer to keep them warm. You want them to be warm and moist. Idk what your set up is but as long as you keep the seeds warm (not hot) they will germinate well.

ablizno said:
I keep them on paper towel in a Tupperware and keep them in a shirt drawer to keep them warm. You want them to be warm and moist. Idk what your set up is but as long as you keep the seeds warm (not hot) they will germinate well.
yes i have them under my bed close to the heat register so it is nice and warm.

Back