• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 FTW!!!

Every year I keep saying I'm gonna do one of these. Going to try this year for once.
Started round one this week.
This batch is:
Gary's (Windchicken) Lumbre which is just spectacular red AND green.
Stefan's (meatfreak) Elysium Oxide Bonnet (red and mustard) and Galapagos - Isabela Island Red.
My heating pad is rather tiny so that's all for round one. As soon as these sprout I've got some  P.Dreadie Scotch Bonnets and the CGN21500 x Galapagos Red cross from MiChris and a CGN21500 x BBG7. Just realized in typing all this out that I don't have a chocolate and I need a Jalapeno. I'll fix that shortly.
Peace everyone and a Happy 2016!
Rob
20160107_112534-1_zpskvw1nhhi.jpg

This will be fun to watch! The EOB's were 2 of my favorite peppers last year, such beautiful and tasty peppers! Gary's Chile Lumbre I can imagine are fantastic FRESH (red & green... especially roasted). As the fully ripened red/dried I have, I love them... need to pop some of the seeds myself! I've always been a fan of any New Mexico Chile. Looking forward to round #2.

Best of luck with the grow, Rob! :cool:  

Alchymystic said:
This will be fun to watch! The EOB's were 2 of my favorite peppers last year, such beautiful and tasty peppers! Gary's Chile Lumbre I can imagine are fantastic FRESH (red & green... especially roasted). As the fully ripened red/dried I have, I love them... need to pop some of the seeds myself! I've always been a fan of any New Mexico Chile. Looking forward to round #2.

Best of luck with the grow, Rob! :cool:  
Thanks man!
Wish I would have started two weeks ago but oh well. Looking forward to your grow too! Those EOM pretty hot? Sure do look great!

The EOB's -both the 'Burgundy' and the 'Mustard' color variations- are hot, but not as much as they may look initially. The ones I had at least (all subjective... your tolerance, etc..) were about the heat of a really strong Bonnet... some were hotter than others and caught me by surprise if I ate one whole and expected a milder ride!! Lol!

I thought they would be a bit hotter with the Douglah being one of the peppers involved in the making of the cross (Scotch Bonnet Faria x Douglah), but the Douglah seems to add more so to the flavor of the Burgundy pods in particular (they being the hottest of the two colors). The Mustard carries over the Bonnet taste more, with the lesser heat and that sweet and (hard to describe unless one has tasted one) overall 'mustard' flavor such colored pods have. Great looking peppers indeed!

Rob looks like the beginnings of an awesome grow!
The Elysium Oxide Bonnets are making there rounds it seems will be following.
I will be growing two numex Jalapeños this year best of luck in 2016!

Alchymystic said:
The EOB's -both the 'Burgundy' and the 'Mustard' color variations- are hot, but not as much as they may look initially. The ones I had at least (all subjective... your tolerance, etc..) were about the heat of a really strong Bonnet... some were hotter than others and caught me by surprise if I ate one whole and expected a milder ride!! Lol!

I thought they would be a bit hotter with the Douglah being one of the peppers involved in the making of the cross (Scotch Bonnet Faria x Douglah), but the Douglah seems to add more so to the flavor of the Burgundy pods in particular (they being the hottest of the two colors). The Mustard carries over the Bonnet taste more, with the lesser heat and that sweet and (hard to describe unless one has tasted one) overall 'mustard' flavor such colored pods have. Great looking peppers indeed!
Exactly my experience as well. The EOB was a bit hotter then the EOBM though.

Got another couple of trays going today. First time messing with these rapid rooters. Hoping to come back Tuesday to a bunch of seedlings!

20160115_161612_zps87sc4eiv.jpg

meatfreak said:
Exactly my experience as well. The EOB was a bit hotter then the EOBM though.

This is great. Sounds like both of them are right at my heat level. Btw I got 100% germ rate on your Galapagos Island Reds. Fantastic! 

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
I see your growing the michris CGN21500 x Galapagos Red, me too! good luck!
I am growing this plant as well. When Hotstuffs seed train arrived, I got to acquire a generous packet of this variety. The partial pod had a very distinct fruity smell. I can only imagine what a fresh pod will be like.

Chewi said:
Got another couple of trays going today. First time messing with these rapid rooters. Hoping to come back Tuesday to a bunch of seedlings!

This is great. Sounds like both of them are right at my heat level. Btw I got 100% germ rate on your Galapagos Island Reds. Fantastic! 

Good to hear man :) That is a very nice variety, really liked that one.

Chewi said:
20160119_114715_zps6b1bxdwf.jpg
d

Not an expert with these by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not convinced I'm doing it right. Took these out of the dome this morning and have them under a light. Any thoughts are welcome!

Nothing wrong with them, I would put them in a deeper container and just leave the coty's above the soil.

I would suggest to drop your light closer to the plants so the seedlings don't stretch for it. Just be careful not to burn them by them getting to hot.

Back