• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Teurf 2016 - Day 36 - More Growing

Hello everyone,

Since last year was a blast for in-ground peppers and potted peppers failed miserably. I think I'm headed towards planting all my peppers in ground. My community garden patch was much better the second year since I added so much amendments throughout the year: woodchips, grass clippings, leaf mulch, eggshells, homemade worm compost, compost tea, etc.

I have ordered seeds from Semillas La Palma and UK Chili Seeds:

Aji Limo 
Jamaican Hot Chocolate 
CGN 22835 Round 
Wild Brazil 
Chupetinho 
CGN 22163 
Canario 
Giant Rocoto 
Mini Rocoto - PI 387838 
King of the North X 2
Punjab 
Early Jalapeño X 2
Pusa jwala 
Pequin 
Peter Pepper Red 
Brazilian Starfish 
Nepalese Bell

And 

White Bhut Jolokia
Kashmiri Mirch X 2
Bahamian Goat

And I want to add other that I already have

Butch T Red
Lemon Drop
Trinidad Scorpion Red
Red Bhut Jolokia
Rocoto Pineapple
Fresno
Numex Big Jim X 3
Thai Chili
Rocoto Oro
Rocoto Huallanga (2nd try)
Aji Panca
Aji Dulce
Aji Pacay

That's it for now.
Stay tuned!

Teurf

Good luck this year.Some interesting varieties you have in your grow.Will check in from time to time to see one.

I hope you have a great season!
I'm very nterested in your variety of Indian chilli so for I'll follow you, best of luck in 2016.

Day 9: Germination!!

Greetings everyone. Good news, it started popping all over the tray!

Germinated
King of the North X 2
Peter
Pequin
Wild Brazil
Punjab
Dulce
CGN 22835 Round
Limo
Brazilian Starfish
Chupetino
Nepalese Bell
Giant Rocoto
Early Jalapeno X 2
Kashmiri Chili X 2
White Bhut Jolokia
Aji Habanero

Not yet germinated
Panca
Numex Big Jim X 3
Pineapple Rocoto
Canario
Pusa Jwala
Mini Rocoto
Bhut Jolokia Red
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Red
Oro Rocoto
Huallanga Rocoto
Lemondrop
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Red

I think I will remove the ones who germinated and continue with the humidity dome.

Stay tuned for more,
Teurf

Teurf said:
Hello everyone,

Since last year was a blast for in-ground peppers and potted peppers failed miserably. I think I'm headed towards planting all my peppers in ground. My community garden patch was much better the second year since I added so much amendments throughout the year: woodchips, grass clippings, leaf mulch, eggshells, homemade worm compost, compost tea, etc.

I have ordered seeds from Semillas La Palma and UK Chili Seeds:

Aji Limo 
Jamaican Hot Chocolate 
CGN 22835 Round 
Wild Brazil 
Chupetinho 
CGN 22163 
Canario 
Giant Rocoto 
Mini Rocoto - PI 387838 
King of the North X 2
Punjab 
Early Jalapeño X 2
Pusa jwala 
Pequin 
Peter Pepper Red 
Brazilian Starfish 
Nepalese Bell

And 

White Bhut Jolokia
Kashmiri Mirch X 2
Bahamian Goat

And I want to add other that I already have

Butch T Red
Lemon Drop
Trinidad Scorpion Red
Red Bhut Jolokia
Rocoto Pineapple
Fresno
Numex Big Jim X 3
Thai Chili
Rocoto Oro
Rocoto Huallanga (2nd try)
Aji Panca
Aji Dulce
Aji Pacay

That's it for now.
Stay tuned!

Teurf
I notice that you had Aji Pacay listed on your grow list, then crossed it out. Have you grown out the Aji Pacay before? I'm asking, because I have 3 Aji Pacay plants right now, and I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. There is not much info on it, but I am expecting giant aji amarillo style pods.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I notice that you had Aji Pacay listed on your grow list, then crossed it out. Have you grown out the Aji Pacay before? I'm asking, because I have 3 Aji Pacay plants right now, and I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. There is not much info on it, but I am expecting giant aji amarillo style pods.

Hey Greenchilemonster,

I haven't grown Aji Pacay before... and decided to cross it out since I had too many varieties for the grow space available. Although, I tried to grow Aji Amarillo 2 times now, first year, not a single pod, but it was a terrible growing season. Last year, I had the best growing season ever for a Quebec weather, I gathered maybe 5-10 aji amarillo max. Tasted great but was disappointed with the foreever ripening period...

Wish you good luck with Pacays!
Teurf

Day 26: Growing

Quick update to show where I'm at:
From pellets to cup

Under the grow lights

Terrible chopping period

A little more growing!!

Only ones that haven't germinated yet and probably wont... Huallanga Rocoto and Lemondrop...

Germinated
King of the North X 2
Peter
Pequin
Wild Brazil
Punjab
Dulce
CGN 22835 Round
Limo
Brazilian Starfish
Chupetino
Nepalese Bell
Giant Rocoto
Early Jalapeno X 2
Kashmiri Chili X 2
White Bhut Jolokia
Aji Habanero
Panca
Numex Big Jim X 3
Pineapple Rocoto
Canario
Pusa Jwala
Mini Rocoto
Bhut Jolokia Red
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Red
Oro Rocoto
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Red

Not germinated
Huallanga Rocoto
Lemondrop

Cya,
TEURF

Big Kahuna said:
I grew the Aji Pacay two years ago.  They require a very long season, I didn't get a single ripe pod:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45400-chilinoobs-first-glog-2014/page-5#entry1065821
Thanks for the info! I hope I'm able to get some ripe pods. I'm used to the long ripening time of aji amarillo, so I'll brace myself for even more of a wait with these. My Aji Pacay plants are already flowering. I've been picking off the flowers, and pruning the plants to keep their center of gravity low for when it's time to go outside.

Day 36 - More Growing

The annuums have started to grow taller now, but some of them have got leggy. I forgot to put a fan when they were small to promote a harder stalk... Rocotos are growing nicely too. 

Cya
Teurf

Day ??? - The bad season

Well, I have been extremely busy this summer. Went to work in Delaware for a month, got married, lost my job, brewed beer, growed hops. Didn't care too much about the garden or the peppers.

Plus, they went in the ground way too soon. We caught a bad frost right after I sowed them. I probably lost like 5 weeks right there. Also I had kept the peppers in their red pots too long because I didn't have space to pot up. Result, extremely poor harvest.

Here are a few pics of the season

Peppers, a few days before plant out, getting leggy already

Plot just ready for planting

Pepper field

Pepper field, later in the season

First small harvest: Pusa Jwala, Aji Habanero?, Unripe Bahamian Goat, Aji Limo (Chinense), 3 unknown argentinian peppers, Jamaican Hot Chocolate, Early Jalapeno, Bunch of Chupetino, White Bhut (more like White Habanero, seeds are wrong for sure, smooth and thick skin)

Cheers,
Teurf

3 unknown argentinian peppers

Great pictures. I am from Argentina. Do you mean the three big yellow peppers up on the right?

Back