• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Looking to try new Hot sauces

Looking for some good hot sauces to try, i personally like hot sauce on my burgers/fries and especially pizza. So sauce (Or multiple sauces) that would go good with these foods would be great.

I am there with BigB.  I like his singularity by Pexpeppers but its a drizzel intn the mayo, mix it up, dip fries in it and listen to my wife lecture me on how much fat is in mayo.  Daughter tried to review it by putting it on a chip and munching away.  She regretted it, way out of her comfort zone.  Great for cooking and folk with higher tolerance than either of us.

Love Luckydog, not as hot as Pex.  I think I have tried each of the eight now.  They are the type of sauces you can pour on your burgers or hot dogs.  Some much hotter than others, but none broke my tongue.  They are not traditional thin hot sauces at all.

SalsaLady (search membership here) does a few chipoltle sauces.  One hot, one extra hot, and one bbq.  The bbq is fantastic on vegie burgers.  The other two I like, but its the bbq one that stands out on my list of favorites.

Looking to try other member's commercial sauces.  Anyone else have recommendations?

Yeah i bought a bottle of lucky dogs brown label last night and im eagerly awaiting it since i love Chipotle. I usually like my hot sauce in the medium to hot range, I tend to use it as a condiment on most things (burgers, hot dogs, etc.) So the heat doesnt have a chance to get toned down on these things. Sadly im currently on a diet so i cant have mayo/bleu cheese/ranch. Thats why im kind of gravitating towards hot sauce as of late. Usually a zero carb/calorie condiment choice!

for a commercial sauce i'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy el yuckitacos "mayan" sauce. It's reminiscent of ldhs black label but not as good. I agree with everyone on the Ldhs. Brown label is ok. I'd rank it on the bottom tier of his sauces (which is still many tiers above most others) Does make a mighty fine pulled pork though.  I really like the black, pink and dia del perro sauces. 

Took me forever to find this website. Boss sent me a bottle of their habanero louisiana hot sauce. Shit was killer. Really good. They have several sauces that sound good. I may order here soon now that I found it again. http://www.capsup.at/catalog/index.php?cPath=25&osCsid=5jpdm20pdrmafcopuput0quii5

Another great brand that doesn't get a lot of publicity around here is Jak Jeckles sauces. https://jakjeckel.com/

I've had the winter cinnamon and it was really good

One more great sauce is smoke canyon jalapeno sauce https://www.smokecanyon.com/

theres a lot of online stores that sell multiple brands so if you wanted to try several kinds you're only paying shipping to one place. Matter of fact lucky dog hot sauce is now on amazon.. so there's that too

D3monic said:
Matter of fact lucky dog hot sauce is now on amazon.. so there's that too

Yep - I sell to someone who sells on Amazon, but it's indeed my sauce. 
:cheers: 
rkempston said:
Maybe next big check i get from work ill go with LD 8 pack. That way i can get a taste for a bunch of his sauces.

I highly recommend this. :dance: 
D3monic said:
I agree with everyone on the Ldhs. Brown label is ok. I'd rank it on the bottom tier of his sauces (which is still many tiers above most others) Does make a mighty fine pulled pork though.  I really like the black, pink and dia del perro sauces. 

Thank you, sir! :cheers: 

Except for your Brown Label feedback, which gives me a sad. :(

Ah well, each to their own. ;)
rkempston said:
Yeah i bought a bottle of lucky dogs brown label last night and im eagerly awaiting it since i love Chipotle.

I shipped it the next day via USPS Priority so you should have it today or tomorrow. 
:cheers: 

Just got my order of brown label in today (Just in the nik of time too). Tried it on some chicken quesodillas. Really good. Has a nice smokey chipolte flavor. Not as spicy as i was expecting. i will definitely have to try some of the hotter sauces

rkempston said:
Just got my order of brown label in today (Just in the nik of time too). Tried it on some chicken quesodillas. Really good. Has a nice smokey chipolte flavor. Not as spicy as i was expecting. i will definitely have to try some of the hotter sauces

That is my only complaint with LDHS.  Compared to others, I think the heat rating system is a little off.  I know that is very subjective though.  When I opened up the pink label, I was expecting to get my ass kicked more than I did.  Instead I found it to be a great every day sauce that I could apply fairly liberally. 

Im not saying this in a bad way by any means.  I am just saying that when I do reorder, I won't buy anything other than black and pink label. 

LDHS is out in the trenches of markets every day, his heat levels are more representative to the general public heat tolerances and not us chile-infused forum members. 

Of the fresh salsa I've been selling for (way too many years...) 25% has ZERO heat/Mild  [it literally has NO hot chiles at all...] and 50% has about a heat level of 3-4/10 for Medium.  So 75% of the salsa I sell is 0-4/10 heat for general consumers.  Only about 5 out of 120 units are 8/10 Scorcher.

Heat levels are very subjective and I tell customers that my Medium for normal people it is  3-4/10.....for chileheads it's about a 1.5-2/10.  From there people can make judgements as to whether to buy Medium or bump up to a Hot.

Back