Food Mills

Picked up a new tool for RocketMan's Skunk Works. After a bit of research and reading a lot of great reviews I found a Oko Food Mill on Amazon under $45.00.

C2A77D8C-7635-49D7-B900-22835F829399_zpshuxxjghv.jpg

Can't wait to use this baby!

So, what food mills are y'all using and how do you like them? Post up, and Cheers,
RM

I'm using the same one as well RM.  You'll be quite happy with it's results.  For thinner sauces the fine screen is great and the larger screens are excellent for thicker sauces, babyfood, tomato sauces, etc.  

Hey rocket man the mill I have I wish it was electric this model it is same as my hand crank and after my little batches 4 to 8 cases sore shoulder

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have that one and it is in the box and unopened, 18 months later hahahahha

Is that because you're usually dehydrating for powders or because you leave seeds/pulp in the sauces you make?

SmokenFire said:

Is that because you're usually dehydrating for powders or because you leave seeds/pulp in the sauces you make?
I usually leave seeds in most sauces but I mainly got it for all the raspberry and blackberries I harvest out of the yard, I do plan to strain some sauces this year. The Ninja does a decent job of ridding sauce of seeds. :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I usually leave seeds in most sauces but I mainly got it for all the raspberry and blackberries I harvest out of the yard, I do plan to strain some sauces this year. The Ninja does a decent job of ridding sauce of seeds. :)
I'm finding my Blendtec does a great job with the seeds as well. So does the ninja. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:

SavinaRed said:
I'm finding my Blendtec does a great job with the seeds as well. So does the ninja. 

My Ninja does a good job with the seeds for sauces. For powders though I'll go to my Magic Bullet, everything including seeds goes in and nothing but powder comes out :) I'll be putting the new food mill to work this week. Can't wait to see how it does.

Back