• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2016

For the last couple of years my season has finished up after the subsequent season had already started…I sowed my 2016 seeds last Saturday, but my 2015 Chile Manzano are just now bearing ripe fruit, 3 days later. Is it worth waiting over a year after sowing to get ripe fruit from these plants? HELLZ TO THE YEAH!!! Only the best chile in the world!!!

Manzano_Jan12.jpg

Alchymystic said:
1000 times YES for the Manzano's!!  :party:  I know very well how you feel about them, and my sentiments are likewise! What a beautiful specimen pictured... like a preamble of the Sun to shine on the new 2016 season! Awesome!  :cool:

Lol, thanks Joel! I have found a kindred spirit! Nice imagery!  :P

jedisushi06 said:
i can't grow those here, i don't have a year of time to grow.  Very tasty though.

Thanks Michael!

Chewi said:
Bout time you started your 2016 glog! I bet the home grown ones taste a million times better than store bought!!!

Lol, thanks Rob! I had that one in the photo with my Mexican tonight...Dude! Juice running down my chin, and it really cleared out my sinuses... :dance:

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
i started seeds already! are you saying i can't grow them in ohio?

also, good growing this season!

You can grow them better in Ohio! They take so long in Louisiana because the hot weather causes all the blossoms to drop off until November, when the weather finally cools off. Then it takes until January for the fruit to develop and ripen...Good growing to you Joe!

mpicante said:
Good luck on the upcoming season all the best.I will definitely be following.Hooray for the manzanos great salsa pepper.

Thanks Florisa! All the best to you, as well!

Genetikx said:
Enjoyed following last year, best of luck with this go round!!

Thanks Ryan! Best of luck to you, as well!

Jamison said:
Can't wait to see what you pull off this year Gary!  I bet that RCW plot is getting better and better as the years pass!

Thanks Jamison! The RCW is working better than advertised…Thanks for mentioning it!

ronniedeb said:
All the best for 2016 Gary. Look forward to seeing how it progresses. 

Thanks Ronnie! All the best to you, too!

Great glog you got going on Gary !
I tried growing pineapple rocotto last year but seen right away that it was not going to make it here in southeast Missouri.
I would like to fine one that would your Chile Manzano look cool bet there real tasty!
All the best in 2016

Back