• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Habanero plant wilting

Hi, I recently discovered that my habanero plant is wilting, the soil is damp so it's definitely not under watering. I'm scared because I don't want it to die so if anyone can tell me how to save it please tell me

pot size: 9 1/2 Inches

Plant size: Exactly 1 Ft

The whole plant is wilted

9-10 hours in full sun

i potted them a few days ago into those pots and fertillized them yesterday, their previous pots were 3 1/2 Inches x 3 1/2 Inches

http://imgur.com/C4XRBUp here are the rest of my plants

Soil looks really dry and if the plants were in full sun with soil like that they are going to wilt severely. Give them a good watering and place them in partial sun for several days.
I dont see signs yet of scorching or burn which brings me to the next question, Did you harden the plants off before bringing into full sun for 9 hours a day?

Jake1234_87 said:
no i put them straight into the sun, the soil under neath the plant is fairly moist, should i water anyway
No dont water if underlying soil is moist.

Where were the plants prior to going into the sun? Under light?

Jake1234_87 said:
they were in the porch not in direct sun but they had plenty of natural light
It appears you may have rushed them just a little bit. You want to go from indoor lighting or diffused lighting such as a porch area to an area that receives a controllable amount of direct sunlight, that can be increased gradually as the plant becomes hardened off.
If over exposure is the case you will see foliage loss and or bleaching/burning in the next few days or so, confirming the diagnosis. Hopefully being in the shade will allow the plant to rebound with little to no issues. Only time and shade will tell.

ok thank you so much for your help, i will message you in a few days to show you how they are going. im happy that i know whats wrong so i can keep it alive

also just out of my curiosity what are you growing in your garden

Definitely, the plant needs a drink and away from sun for a few days.  In the U.S. 27c is 80f.  Need to water a little more often given bright sun and 27c.  It should come back.

Jake1234_87 said:
ok thank you so much for your help, i will message you in a few days to show you how they are going. im happy that i know whats wrong so i can keep it alive

also just out of my curiosity what are you growing in your garden
No gardens here right now. But is you mean upcoming for 2016, most growers have glogs in the growing hot peppers section that they have started under light to get 5-6 month head start.

Back