• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2016 LIBRARY GARDEN

IF YOU HAVE A LIBRARY AND A GARDEN WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Workin on the library. Got two bookshelves and three large storage bins for $100. Making big progress. I may be able to plant seeds tonight. Now I will have room for the seedlings in the library. Library is a cat free zone ( its ok I haven't taught the cat to read yet anyway.) Seedlings will be safe.

Thanks for joining me on my journey!!!

This glog will be picture heavy and full of lots of highs and lows. ( my life tends to rollercoaster quite a bit)

If you have followed my last two years here at THP you know that we are in a new double wide trailer and I now have space for a decent garden.

My seedlings will start off in the library and eventually either enter the 10 foot X 5 foot garden or go into 5gal buckets.

I will amend the garden soil with a couple bags of potting soil, a bag of worm castings, and a bag of chicken shit.

There will be lots of picks so hang on tight.

This years grow list coming soon.

0117161617-00_zpsk19nwyjj.jpg

0117161618-00_zps2xy6gjuj.jpg

0117161619-00_zpsa96uarza.jpg

0117161642-00_zpstnwzbzfu.jpg

0117161658-00_zpssfyrhiqv.jpg

0117161725-00_zpswtskmiry.jpg

chili_spicing_up_salad_zpsdcf77e36.gif

Looking good. So serious with that headlamp ... ;)
Good luck with the grow!

And congrats on the library. I wish I would read a bit more, I used to read a lot. Damn computers.

Took a peek at the seeds and I think I already have a little activity. I showed my son and he agrees that one looks like its trying to hook already. Should know more tommarow.

False alarm

Dirt is moist and warm, but no babies yet

:(
Last year I had three day reapers so i was hopeful, but usually it takes about 7-11 days for the first hook. Aleast thats been the norm for my system.

santis00 said:
Did you find those red cups at the dollar store to? haha. I was stoked when I found some!

Yea I think so.

Soooooooo ever sense I planted the seeds this year I have been thinking about the soil in my garden. Today I bought a bag of gypsum and a bag of super fine oyster shells. It now looks like it snowed. I turned the soil ( got a bit of help from my teen) and blanketed it with nearly half a bag of each. I then watered it in a bit. Now maybe I won't obsess about it so much. Come March, when I plant out, I'll add potting soil, manure, and worm castings then plant. Starting to feel the gardener within me.

Back