Bonjour from Montreal, Canada!

Hi everyone. Last year was my first attempt at growing hot peppers. Being new to this hobby, I searched the internet for seeds and one of the first hits was Pepper Joe. Pepper Joe's site looked nice and he seemed to be a very enthousiastic vendor. The descriptions of each variety were very well written and I ended up buyin for over 100$ of seeds. I planted about 160 seeds and had a very good germination rate (over 90%). I grew them under HID lights until they were ready to go outside in early June. I gave about about 60 plants to family and friends so that left me with about 70 plants. I had everything from paprika, jalapeno, chili, and habaneros. The only things I was dissapointed about was that some varieties weren't what I had ordered and my yields were low. Jalapenos and chilli grew pretty well. I had a rot problem with the paprikas and my Habaneros yields was scarce. The seeds that were labelled as Reapers ended up being something else. I finally found this site and learned the error of my ways. I'm waiting for my seeds from pepper lover and hope to have better success this year.

By the way,  I ended up making some of the best sriracha by following the instructions here on how to ferment my peppers. 

Thanks,

Ryan

:welcome: to the THP forums from SC! Hope you have a great (better) grow this year! Your already off to a good start with Judy and these forums.  :D

s-l300_zpsujn2gm4s.jpg

Welcome from Canada EH!

Hrmmmz frenchies ;)  JK welcome!  What ever you ordered from @PepperNorth will be good!  All of mine are growing out nicely!  Best of luck and keep us up to date.

Back