• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2016 Slimmed Down Grow

Just threw together some numbers and it looks like my entire pepper grow this season will be 72 plants.  One tray.  I think I can get them all in the raised beds.  Not sure if I will do them all in the raised beds, but I think I can.  

I have a lot of peppers still in the freezer.  I have enough sauce.  I have a lot of powder.  I just need some fresh peppers to grow through summer.  

I will be hitting tomatoes harder this year though.  I have a lot of tomatoes I want to can.  

I will try to get my preliminary list up tomorrow.

And here is the list.  This should give me enough to eat fresh and to send out some sampler boxes.

1  Red Mushroom   Last seasons seed I bought didn't run true, so they sent me another pack.

3  Big Bomb

3  Goliath Jalapeno 

12 HBJ  They all grew true last year.  Hoping for the same this season.

1  CGN21500  Kewl looking Hab, with great aroma and good taste

1  Hand Grenade Plants I grew last year weren't stable, but I liked the result.  Trying the next gen this season

1  Caramel Hab

1  Orange Blob Tasty pepper

1  TS Caramel (not peach) This pepper I was sent the seeds as being TS Peach.  They aren't.  Third year growing this one

1  Red MOA Giving this one a try, how could I not?

1  MOA

1  Ocean Wave Didn't produce well last year, but a lot of peppers didn't.

1  Seven Pot Burgandy  Every year staple

1  TS Yellow  I am still in love with this pepper

1  Mustard Hab Cheating on the TS Yellow with this sweetie

1  Cajun Bell  For salads

1  Chenzo for powder

1  Pumpkin Hab

1  Peach Bhut  Took a year off from bhuts last year

1  Fatalii  Another mistress of mine

1  Jigsaw  Really enjoy this pepper.

1  Reaper

1  BMJ

1  Big Sun

2  Budapest

2  Biggie

3  Pimento

3  Pimento Elite

3  Patio Red

1  Jimmy Nardello

3  Aruba

3  Rojo

3  Red Lipstick

3  Gypsy

3  LaRouge

3  Sweet Goliath

I really like the list, especially those in the hab category. Not familiar with your HBJ even though I'm pretty sure I followed last year's grow. Got a pic and description of those?

Here's to another great year for you!

Nice variety Jeff. I'm scaling down this year as well. I'm going to grow a couple supers and the rest will be extreme annuum's. I use lots of powder. I guess it takes a few years to figure out what one like's. Another thing I had to consider, my growing season is short. I wish you luck on your grow this year. Thanks for sharing.

Genetikx said:
I really like the list, especially those in the hab category. Not familiar with your HBJ even though I'm pretty sure I followed last year's grow. Got a pic and description of those?

Here's to another great year for you!

They are a chocolate cayenne.  Several years back I had one plant that mutated.  Been growing it out to stable ever since.

HillBilly Jeff said:
February has sneaked up on me.

Ain't that the truth.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Oh the under pressure.

I'm tempted to post a youtube video, but I imagine you're hearing the song in your head now anyway. 

Sawyer said:

Ain't that the truth.

I'm tempted to post a youtube video, but I imagine you're hearing the song in your head now anyway. 

I prefer Legs. :)
12592292_10205889809994466_2013289801194623491_n.jpg

The extra cell because I can't count is now filled with yellow bhut.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Will see if this new package of seeds will germinate, and if they don't, what the company will do about it.  Worst seeds I have ever received.

12669536_10205889826434877_3792317214558529681_n.jpg
Good luck this year Jeff. It looks like they roasted the seeds for you.

[SIZE=11pt]I am reshipping your packet of Jalapeno Goliath seed from a different seed lot since it looks like they did an “overfill” on the other packet you received due to lower germ rates. You should be receiving this shortly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Thanks for letting us know.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Mary, Customer Service[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Totally Tomatoes[/SIZE]

Best of luck this year Jeff. :hot:

I hear you about the slimmed down grow. Sometimes I wonder why I am growing any supers at all this year. With so many in the freezer and plenty of powder...

Mine usually take about a week to start popping.  Anything today?

Back