• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Taste the Rainbow, Feel the Rainbow.

I finally got around to crushing up all my dried pods I had in ball jars taking up space in my pantry. 

White Bhut         x5
Smoked Ghosts x3
Hickory Mix        x3 (misc pods smoked over hickory)
Reapers             x2
Bonnet Mix         x4
Butch T Yellow   x1
Yellow Fatalii      x4
Chocolate pain   x2 (mix of chocolates)
Wild Mix             x2 (Orange wild brazil, cumari do para, white bullet)
Super Mix          x20 (assorted mix of superhots some smoked some not)

If I was to ship any of these what do you think would be the best/most cost effective methods? They are plastic vials 150mm or 6.5" long. Debating on selling some of these or gifting to some friends along the line. Just not sure best way to ship. Especially with USPS changing their prices now. 

Lovepeppers said:
Looking good! The pics make those tubes look long.
They are pretty long, much longer than I expected when I ordered them. I should have went with 100mm instead of the 150mm. 
wayright said:
I think for one or two,,,,being plastic,,a bubble envy would work,,for multiple I would go with a sfrb

Wonderful color on your powders! 

Kevin

That's what I was thinking, Just worried about them cracking in a bubble env is they get a lot of weight tossed on them. 

wayright said:
Some sort of splint mebbe?  tape em to a slat of cardboard
 As long as they dont get bent they should be allright
^
Agreed. popsicle stick would work too.

Those look awesome BTW! Nice work.

D3monic,

Best shipping method (container) I can think of to use would be a heavy duty cardboard tube - one that is just slightly larger in I.D. than your specimen tubes are in O.D.
You can order specialty cardboard tubes in bulk that have really thick, rigid and strong sidewalls from a pyrotechnics supply shop online for next to nothing.  The tubes
that would be used for making rocket motors would be a good place to start.  Place each individual specimen tube in a rocket motor tube and then cap the ends with a
cork, heavy tape or a dowel hole filler.  Then you can toss them all into a bag a box or a heavy envelope to actually ship them.

BTW, where did you get the nice specimen tubes and rack stand?  I would like to get some of those myself!

Catfishnut

wayright said:
I think for one or two,,,,being plastic,,a bubble envy would work,,for multiple I would go with a sfrb

Plastic testtubes are actually more fragile that glass ones. I used to practice bar flair with my glass ones because they'd survive me dropping them as long as they were empty, unlike the plastic ones I ordered.

Catfishnut said:
D3monic,

Best shipping method (container) I can think of to use would be a heavy duty cardboard tube - one that is just slightly larger in I.D. than your specimen tubes are in O.D.
You can order specialty cardboard tubes in bulk that have really thick, rigid and strong sidewalls from a pyrotechnics supply shop online for next to nothing.  The tubes
that would be used for making rocket motors would be a good place to start.  Place each individual specimen tube in a rocket motor tube and then cap the ends with a
cork, heavy tape or a dowel hole filler.  Then you can toss them all into a bag a box or a heavy envelope to actually ship them.

BTW, where did you get the nice specimen tubes and rack stand?  I would like to get some of those myself!

Catfishnut
Amazon, just search for 150mm test tube and should be near top results
spicefreak said:

Plastic testtubes are actually more fragile that glass ones. I used to practice bar flair with my glass ones because they'd survive me dropping them as long as they were empty, unlike the plastic ones I ordered.
Yea I already had one hairline crack from the stopper. Next time I'm getting 100mm with the screw caps. Don't care if they are frosted

Back