Hello from San Antonio

We wanted to say "hello" to everyone. We just joined today and are new to the forum. We are from San Antonio Tx and own our own manufacturing company called Alamo Peppers. We started back in 2008 under the name Bhut-Jolokia.net, Alamo City Pepper Products of which we produce food seasonings for Whole Foods Markets.

Back in early 2014, we merged the 2 separate companies into 1. Now, we are branded under Alamo Peppers.

In 2012, we undertook the task of partnering with some select individuals to begin growing, and producing some really high quality Superhot Peppers with amazing results. In doing so, our farm space has successfully continued to expand each year since our project's inception.

As of 2014, moved away from the commercial growers in India, and we have partnered with a single very select farm in one select remote village in the extreme northern part on India, which now grows exclusively for us. Having extensively tested the products, we have found them to be exceptionally high quality.
Since partnering with the Indian farmers, we have also now established a viable trade route for these farmers who would otherwise never been introduced here in the U.S. We provide the farmers in this extremely remote village financial stability, as well as sustainability.

We make it our point to "give back" by supporting several non-profit organizations such as ACS (Animal Care Services) here in San Antonio which has achieved a 90+% success rate now making San Antonio the largest "no kill" shelter here in the U.S. among major metropolitan cities. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Animal-Care-Services-officially-reaches-No-Kill-6772111.php
As well as Bonton Farms, in the Greater Dallas area, which has brought well being to many residents which live in what is considered a "food desert". http://americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/usda-defines-food-deserts

San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Jr auction, and shows.

We hope that joining this forum will enable us to share our knowledge, good will, as well as exchanging some with the members of this well regarded forum.

Many thanks for allowing us to join!

:welcome:
Am I reading this right? You have an exclusive deal with an entire village? Very cool!!
Are they supplying only a single variety of pepper?
In my mind I see a situation where a single strain has literally zero chance of cross-pollination making that strain very stable and possibly unique compared to other areas.
What would be the chances of acquiring seeds from this remote village?
Sorry but somebody had to ask :rolleyes:

Hawaiianero said:
:welcome:
Am I reading this right? You have an exclusive deal with an entire village? Very cool!!
Are they supplying only a single variety of pepper?
In my mind I see a situation where a single strain has literally zero chance of cross-pollination making that strain very stable and possibly unique compared to other areas.
What would be the chances of acquiring seeds from this remote village?
Sorry but somebody had to ask :rolleyes:

Yes, that is correct. It is a huge undertaking. But, we feel really good helping these people out. They are currently supplying only 1 variety. Though I do not know the complete history if the seed stock, I cannot say with complete certainty that they have never (at some point) cross pollenated. I can ask for seeds for you. I know the pods tended to be quite larger than what we would receive from the large commercial growers. We do have pictures comparing them to other bhuts. I'd be glad to share the pics with you to see.

Welcome to THP from Canada.

AlamoPepper said:
We wanted to say "hello" to everyone. We just joined today and are new to the forum. We are from San Antonio Tx and own our own manufacturing company called Alamo Peppers. We started back in 2008 under the name Bhut-Jolokia.net, Alamo City Pepper Products of which we produce food seasonings for Whole Foods Markets.

Back in early 2014, we merged the 2 separate companies into 1. Now, we are branded under Alamo Peppers.

In 2012, we undertook the task of partnering with some select individuals to begin growing, and producing some really high quality Superhot Peppers with amazing results. In doing so, our farm space has successfully continued to expand each year since our project's inception.

As of 2014, moved away from the commercial growers in India, and we have partnered with a single very select farm in one select remote village in the extreme northern part on India, which now grows exclusively for us. Having extensively tested the products, we have found them to be exceptionally high quality.
Since partnering with the Indian farmers, we have also now established a viable trade route for these farmers who would otherwise never been introduced here in the U.S. We provide the farmers in this extremely remote village financial stability, as well as sustainability.

We make it our point to "give back" by supporting several non-profit organizations such as ACS (Animal Care Services) here in San Antonio which has achieved a 90+% success rate now making San Antonio the largest "no kill" shelter here in the U.S. among major metropolitan cities. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Animal-Care-Services-officially-reaches-No-Kill-6772111.php
As well as Bonton Farms, in the Greater Dallas area, which has brought well being to many residents which live in what is considered a "food desert". http://americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/usda-defines-food-deserts

San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Jr auction, and shows.

We hope that joining this forum will enable us to share our knowledge, good will, as well as exchanging some with the members of this well regarded forum.

Many thanks for allowing us to join!
Welcome to the forum. I live in Spicewood and get to San Antonio quite often. I just had a look at your website; do you sell any fresh peppers or are they all dried? I am wondering if the dried ones could be rehydrated and used in a ferment.

Also I see you sell at Whole Foods. I suspect I could get these at the whole foods in Austin, but am wondering if they are available at the crappy little Whole Foods in Bee Cave. Do you know by any chance?

Redeemer said:
Welcome to the forum. I live in Spicewood and get to San Antonio quite often. I just had a look at your website; do you sell any fresh peppers or are they all dried? I am wondering if the dried ones could be rehydrated and used in a ferment.

Also I see you sell at Whole Foods. I suspect I could get these at the whole foods in Austin, but am wondering if they are available at the crappy little Whole Foods in Bee Cave. Do you know by any chance?

No, we typically sell dry. When our's are dried, they literally smell like strawberries! We take extreme care. They are like none other. Yes, they can easily be re-constituted to be used in a ferment!. We limit what we sell in Whole Foods. Bee Caves does carry our seasoning line, but not the chilis. They have access to the ghost peppers only. I have to admit, our seasonings are like no other! The greenhouses/farms are popping with fresh though around late Sept. Oct is the best, after the first bloom though. Send me your #, and if you like, can call you for fresh when available.

AlamoPepper said:

Yes, that is correct. It is a huge undertaking. But, we feel really good helping these people out. They are currently supplying only 1 variety. Though I do not know the complete history if the seed stock, I cannot say with complete certainty that they have never (at some point) cross pollenated. I can ask for seeds for you. I know the pods tended to be quite larger than what we would receive from the large commercial growers. We do have pictures comparing them to other bhuts. I'd be glad to share the pics with you to see.
Yes pics would be awesome. I appreciate the offer to try to get seeds but if you do there will be an endless line of people wanting some too.
Just sayin :party:

s-l300_zps6w9rfcd2.jpg

Back