• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rainbowberry's colourful harvest

Here's my first proper harvest. I've still got loads of fruit left on the plants luckily.

23082008347.jpg

And last but not least,

23082008348.jpg
23082008353.jpg

Sorry I missed those Potawie, the Red Rocotos, they're very appley and perfumed. I thought they'd be hotter though, not as hot as a Hab at all.

Really nice display of harvest heat there Rainbowberry gotta love the Mustard habs..look at the tails,And the peppadew and Rocotos look fantastic :)

Great stuff rainbowberry! They look wonderful! How did the mustards taste? Good luck with up and coming harvests!

what a lovely harvest there rb.
What are you going to do with all those ?
I have a feeling there will be a nice saucy smell over kent :-)

Was thinking That to Pauley Rainbowberry sauces,We Put The Color In Your Cheeks..I Wonder if well get some ;)

Wow, nice harvest there RB!
Such lovely vibrant colors.

Say, now that I see them, those Burkina's really do look like what I found. Coolio.

-QS

talas said:
Was thinking That to Pauley Rainbowberry sauces,We Put The Color In Your Cheeks..I Wonder if well get some ;)
Lets hope so rainbowberrys reserve will it be a vintage ? :-)

Thank you everyone. I de-seeded 2 bowlfuls of these earlier and surprisingly my hands arn't one fire.

Scorpion said:
Great stuff rainbowberry! They look wonderful! How did the mustards taste? Good luck with up and coming harvests!

I haven't tasted the Mustard habs yet. I sent my first pod to someone a week or so ago and they said:

Mustard Hab - Slightly sweeter smell than the antillais caribbean. Lovely colour. Again, flesh is moist and melts in mouth. Tastes beautiful and fresh. Smoky edge. Heat starts after five minutes, peaks after 15 and is gone after 25 mins. Wow. Taste 8.5/10, Heat 9/10

pauley said:
what a lovely harvest there rb.
What are you going to do with all those ?
I have a feeling there will be a nice saucy smell over kent :-)

You know I can burn baked beans Pauley. I wouldn't risk wasting the pods to attempt a sauce :shocked: I can just imagine myself like some kind of witch stirring her cauldron and emptying the contents of my cupboards to make some kind of terrible hot concoction whilst rabbiting away to my black dog and getting him to taste it at various stages
character00136.gif

Back