• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Angol

I got it when I ordered Aji Penec a cap baccatum so I am thinking its some kind of baccatum .
I can't find any info on it as yet

D3monic said:
google produces only this thread.. hmmm 

Yea.  .All I can find is that Angol is a city in central Chile.  No mention of regional peppers, although I'm sure they exist.

Plantguy76 said:
I got it when I ordered Aji Penec a cap baccatum so I am thinking its some kind of baccatum .
I can't find any info on it as yet

Does the label say what species it is?  Provide a tiny picture?

No CAP designation for any 'Angol' named Capsicums... A pepper from 'Angola' wouldn't have the 'Aji' in it's naming/nomenclature- that's for sure! Lol!

So... perhaps (a long shot...) it might be a really bad typo for Aji Angelo. (?)

Has me intrigued! If further info from Judy, or any other source material comes up, please share! If nothing else is learned, just grow it out!  :cool:

Alchymystic said:
No CAP designation for any 'Angol' named Capsicums... A pepper from 'Angola' wouldn't have the 'Aji' in it's naming/nomenclature- that's for sure! Lol!

So... perhaps (a long shot...) it might be a really bad typo for Aji Angelo. (?)

Has me intrigued! If further info from Judy, or any other source material comes up, please share! If nothing else is learned, just grow it out!  :cool:
I bet that is it cause the CAP designation was wrong I know for sure on Aji Penec I well have to look that one up

Anyone have these peppers yet?

Having some issues with my plant and I don't think I'll be getting any peppers off it this year. Curious about this one.

These are what mine look like. It's definitely a baccatum. The flowers, calyx, everything says baccatum. I have a couple of plants, but the one in my shade garden isn't producing that many and they are shaped a little different (the white background).

I don't know enough about it to say. It certainly looks like that. Everyone talks about my weird looking peppers now. Some of the early fruits were twisted and knotted folds on the bottom instead of that pretty bell it ended up with. It tastes very similar to the Aji Colorado I'm growing near by and I've been drying them together and chopping them into flakes. The jar keeps mysteriously disappearing so people seem to like it.

Back