• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peach Congo (PL)

Hi guys, just received my Peach Congo seeds from Judy and already soaked them in water (as usual, she added a lot of freebies).
I only had experience with Peach Habanero, which didn't impress me that much, but this year i'm growing many peach varieties; Peach Bhut, Jay's Peach and this one from Pepperlover.

http://pepperlover.com/pepper-seeds/heal-leve/hot-very-hot/peach-congo-pl-detail

"Another pepper exclusively created by us. More peach for those who love the color and texture of peach varieties, this pepper is the largest peach variety any grower can dream of. Very hot, but not very floral, the heat and taste it very clean and has no bitterness which makes this one a great choice for extreme stuffing. The short plant is extremely productive resulting in a great choice for commercial growers. It works really well for planting in containers."

Has anyone had experience with this?

Is it different from the Peach 7 Pod?

For your experience does it look like a stable variety?

Only review i've found is this one by the Chillibeast, but it is not very clear if it's the Congo or the 7 Pot...
Thank you for any kind of informations, can't wait to taste this one!

Roberto

Here is an early season Peach Congo (PL) I grew last year.
20150905_192018-1_zpsnprmpq1n-1_zps4hmrmv5a.jpg

Here are a few late late season pods (the lighter ones..)
GOAT%20PEACH_zpslb8erupq.jpg

These things are just like Judy says, no nasty floral and a bright clean taste without the bitterness so many hot ones have. Pretty damn hot too!

Its a really interesting on, have it too. I liked the red congo, the powder was sooo much better than from red habaneros.

I have congo peach and yellow, but dont have space for them this year. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     I'm interested in this, too. But I'm growing them for the first time this season, so all I can vouch for right now is their great germ rate. 3/3 in 9 days.
Wow hope to get same results. I soaked 9 seeds, will plant 3 in every container, my gold is to get 2-3 plants of this one!
Chewi said:
Here is an early season Peach Congo (PL) I grew last year.
20150905_192018-1_zpsnprmpq1n-1_zps4hmrmv5a.jpg

Here are a few late late season pods (the lighter ones..)
GOAT%20PEACH_zpslb8erupq.jpg

These things are just like Judy says, no nasty floral and a bright clean taste without the bitterness so many hot ones have. Pretty damn hot too!
thanks for all the info!
what pods are the darker ones in the second pic?
Zackorz said:
Its a really interesting on, have it too. I liked the red congo, the powder was sooo much better than from red habaneros.

I have congo peach and yellow, but dont have space for them this year. 
it will be my first experience with Congos, last year I had a supposed brown one, which grew red and not Congo (big) at all...
az1000 said:
I had Congo Yellow,I liked very much much better than Habaneros
did you get seeds for those from Judy?

Guitarman said:
Wow hope to get same results. I soaked 9 seeds, will plant 3 in every container, my gold is to get 2-3 plants of this one!

thanks for all the info!

it will be my first experience with Congos, last year I had a supposed brown one, which grew red and not Congo (big) at all...

No. The seeds are from Fatalii( Finland)

I grew two of these last year. One had peach colored pods, the other one creme colored.

w6XeE0Il.jpg

zLxiAyel.jpg

bAbTqiQl.jpg

KR787ZOl.jpg

I don't remember trying the creme ones, but I froze a bunch that I later used in stuff. The peach type were surprising hot, much more than habs. I liked it enough to grow one again this year.

Peter S said:
I grew two of these last year. One had peach colored pods, the other one creme colored.

KR787ZOl.jpg

yeah, mine had that same color!

Guitarman said:
thanks for all the info!

Bahamian Goats. I was going for a fall colors theme there :high:

Peter S said:

w6XeE0Il.jpg

zLxiAyel.jpg

bAbTqiQl.jpg

KR787ZOl.jpg

I don't remember trying the creme ones, but I froze a bunch that I later used in stuff. The peach type were surprising hot, much more than habs. I liked it enough to grow one again this year.

Chewi said:

yeah, mine had that same color!

Bahamian Goats. I was going for a fall colors theme there :high:

Got to love those pods!!! The brighter ones remember me White 7 Pot or Habanero White Giant, but i like both phenotypes!
And they look pretty HUGE too!!!  :onfire:

Just got a batch from pepperlover yesterday. I was actually looking for some sweeter less hot peppers when I started my order but when I saw the peach congo I just had to add that to my list. I like the habaneros but sometimes their flavor can get to be too much so I am excited to see how these turn out. :party:

8yi2vq.jpg

Pale-green/yeller is ripe for a "peach"?

d5wgp.jpg

Robust heat.  Mild/moderate Chinense "skunk", a level I'd compare approximately to Ají Mochero.  I'm tasting a touch of bitter and no sweetness.

Pairs well with pumpkin eggnog.

Guitarman said:

thanks for all the info!

Man, sorry I didn't see this a year ago! The darker are Bahamian Goat. Can't believe I forgot them this year. Totally missed out.

Back